13

Chapter Thirteen: Hold Me
TRIGGER WARNING

–————————————

"You're cute," Gabriel says smiling. I roll my eyes.

"I've been told," I said looking away. What's his deal and the games he's playing? It's clear that he wants to fuck me. I see it written all over his beautifully crafted face. Well maybe not fuck me it's only been a few weeks, but I think he does find me attractive. Maybe he's embarrassed? But there's nothing to be ashamed of. I would want him just as much as he would want me. I'm not understanding.

"Ready to order?" Michael asks.

"Yeah, I'll have the Breakfast Scrambler as is," Gabriel says folding the menu up and handing it to him.

"Um, I don't know. What's good on the menu?" I ask peering at Michael through my eyelashes.

"Besides you?" He says laughing and I blush.

He clears his throat. "Um, I would suggest something sweet like yourself. . ."

"That's enough!" Gabriel's voice booms. We both stare at him.

"Woah dude. I'm sorry for macking on your daughter, but she's hot." I gasp.

"She's not my daughter." He states. My gaze falls onto Gabriel analyzing his body language.

"Y-yeah I'm not his daughter," I say crossing my arms.

Michael smirks moving the toothpick out of his mouth. "So this is a date?" He asks gesturing between the both of us.

I look at Gabriel to see he's rolling his eyes. "How about you mind your business?" He responds. I widen my eyes still staring at Gabriel as I dampened my lips with my tongue. I smirk.

My phone rang pulling me from the scene before me; it was my mother. I quickly answer it after excusing myself from the table.

"Mom," I say not really wanting to hear what she has to say.

"Giselle, where are you? You come home right now!" She yells through the phone which is something she rarely does.

"You owe me an explanation," I tell her grabbing a cigarette from my back pocket. I light it sucking in the contents of the stick. I paced back and forth  while on the phone with her.

"He's your dad." She tells me.

"You lied to me," I say softly. I couldn't believe it.

"Giselle, please come home and I'll answer all the questions you have." I end the call stomping out the cigarette. I quickly wipe a tear that had the audacity to fall. I took in a deep breath before returning to the booth.

"Um, blueberry pancakes? I wasn't sure what to get." Gabriel says. I send him a closed-mouthed smile. He grabs my hands.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Like you care," I say bitterly.

"Treating you to breakfast looks like a lot more than caring to me. Now, what was the call about?" He asks. I roll my eyes trying not to cry again.