16

Chapter Sixteen: Hopelessly Devoted to You

——————————————

I open the door angrily slamming it shut.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" I stomp upstairs to my room and slam my bedroom door shut.

"Giselle? What's wrong?" I hear my mother's voice on the other end

"Giselle? What's wrong?" I hear my mother's voice on the other end. I screamed into the pillow trying to release my frustration.

"This is all your fault!" I scream at her. I've never been angry with my mother, and I am absolutely blaming her for Gabriel not wanting me around any longer. He didn't want me around because he couldn't contain himself. It literally would have been our dirty little secret! Had my dad not appeared I could have actually gotten closer to Connor which was my ulterior motive in the first place.

"What is it, sweetie? Can I come in?" I hear the door knob turns as she quietly comes in. The bed dips as she sits down rubbing my back.

"Why'd you have to lie to me, mom?" I say crying. She opened and closed her mouth as no words were able to form.

"I am truly sorry Giselle. I thought I was protecting you. I didn't think your dad would find us." She tells me as tears roll down her face.

"Could you forgive me?" She asks. I slowly nodded my head throwing myself into her embrace.

"That's the only secret I've kept from you GiGi, I promise." She tells me while crying. It was rare seeing my mother express her raw emotions. I must've gotten my sensitive side from my father.

"Has he left town yet?" I ask her.

"No, he's waiting to meet with you if you will." She says looking at me with hope in her eyes.

"Do you want me to?" I ask her wiping my face. This is so not how I envisioned starting my day off hungover and in tears.

"I think I've kept him from you long enough. The minute you're uncomfortable, call me." She tells me.

"He wants to meet today?" I ask her.

"Yeah, or whenever you're comfortable. I can have him come here so you're comfortable —"

"No, it's fine. I can meet with him." I say smiling.

"I'll go with you." She says.

"No, it's fine," I tell her, but she had a look of wariness on her face. My mother stands replacing her frown with a smile and leaves the room. I roll over on my back staring at the ceiling. My neck felt sticky from tears, but I didn't care. I analyzed every detail of the ceiling as I saw it was calming me down. I deeply sighed turning over and staring out of the window.