29

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Bad Idea

——————————————

"Giselle." I hear my mother call. I skipped happily to the voice of my mother smiling, but my smile vanished when I saw Erica sitting across from my mother. I didn't see Erica's vehicle outside. My heart beat erratically against my rib cage. My mother looked at me in a way I'd never seen her look at me. Her eyes held disappointment. In all my eighteen years of living, I've never been in trouble with my mother. She hasn't said anything yet, so maybe I shouldn't be so worried.

"Sit down Giselle." My mother says. I wash my hands on the island first. I dry them then join them both and the kitchen table.

"I'm sure you know who this is." My mother spoke. I glance at Erica as a smirk appears on her face.

I clear my throat. "Mrs. D'Angelo," I state nodding my head. Saying her name with that title made bile rise in my throat.

"Yes, she has informed me that you are the current babysitter for her boys." My mother speaks. I look at Erica again.

"I thought that job fell through Giselle. You can imagine my surprise when she shows up today telling me that you haven't shown up for work." My mom continues to speak. I bite the inside of my cheek to contain my anger. I wish Erica would have died when the chance was presented. What the fuck Gabriel?! Did you not hit her hard enough?! Should I have fucking done it myself?!

"Giselle, you've gone out of town multiple times. When have you had time to babysit? You're barely home, so if you aren't working. Where are you these days?" My mom asks me. Erica folds her arms over her chest.

"I'll give you a minute to answer." She says. My mouth opened and closed. I searched my brain for an answer. There's only one reason that Erica is here. She knows about me and her husband. How can I be so fucking stupid?! Why else would she be here?

"Mother with all due respect. I interviewed for the position, but they went with another candidate. I'm afraid that she's lying to you." I say sweetly. Erica's smile drops. She quickly masks her face whistling briefly. My mother looks at her and she stops.

"Do not lie to me, Giselle Claire Windsor." My mother snaps.

"Why would I be lying?" I ask.

"Because not only didn't you show up for work, but you've been fucking her husband!" She yells slamming down photos of me and Gabriel from the past weekend at the Fourth of July party. I pick up some others of me and him in his car. There were pictures of us at eating places. It seemed as though the list went on.

When and how did she get these?! I thought angrily. I shuffle through the photos viewing my nude body.

Damn, I look good here. I quickly rid of the thought. I look at Erica.

"You bitch!" I shout.

"Giselle!" My mother yells.

"You fucking cunt. You miserable fucking cunt!" I scream. The words I released didn't free an ounce of anger that I felt. I wanted to hurt her, and I did just that. I struck her with my fist leaping from my seat causing a loud commotion.

"Keith!" I hear my mother yell.

"Keith. . . Please!" She begs as I continued to batter the woman. I feel arms around me prying me off of her. I screamed out in agony.