Resentment

"Tony?" Stephen calls out, turning on the light.

He sees Tony sprawled out on the couch, a glass in his hand.

"Tony it's 4 a.m. what are you doing up at this time?" Stephen asks.

"What does it matter?" Tony asks, slurring his words heavily to the point where Stephen can varely understand him.

"What?" Stephen walks into the room more, "T, why are you sitting in the dark?"

Tony looks up at Stephen, "What?"

"Have you been drinking? Tony, lets get you to bed okay?"

"When did you get so bossy?" Tony asks, scoffing.

Stephen looks at him in confusion, "What's gotten into you? C'mon-"

"God Steph," Tony stands up, finishing the rest of his drink, "Can you just like... Sh-shut up?"

"Ton-"

"You've just been so- god what's the word- smothfull. Is that a word? I dunno but you've just been smothering me." Tony says angrily.

"I didn't realize-"

"God I used to be able to do whatever I want! I could drink as much as I wanted, party as hard as I could, stay up as late as I wanted withought having YOU to hold me down!"

Stephen seems taken back, "Holding you down?"

"Yeah! I used to be able to do whatever I want! To see whoever I want!"

Stephen's face looks hurt, a if Tony's words were laced with poisoned and shot right at his heart.

"What, did I stutter?" Tony steps closer to his boyfriend.

"Anthony nows not a good time for this." Stephen tries to keep his voice low and steady, "Lets just get you to-"

"For fucks sake Steph! I'm going to bed! I'm not a little kid who needs to be coddled by you!" Tony barks out spitefully.

"Coddle- is that how you see me? As an idiot who's holding you down? Who's coddling you and snothering you? I'm trying to take care of you!" Stephen states.

"I'm not in need of a caretaker. I'm in need of a boyfriend. One who still wants to do fun stuff with me!" Tony crosses his arms.

""Fun stuff"? Tony we're middle-aged men! What "fun stuff" is there for us to do? We're not teenagers!"

"No, we aren't. You're right! But it'd be nice if you could try to be intimate with me? I can't even remember the last time we-"

"Are you serious? Tony, you're always at work and you're always saying how tired you are!" Stephen retorts, suddenly feeling defensive.

"That's because I am tired! That doesn't mean I don't want to be intimate with you!"

"Wh- I'm sorry T, I can't do this right now." Stephen throws his hands up and starts walking away.

"What? To scared you're going to say something that you're going to regret?" Tony asks in a teasing yet mean manor.

"Yes! Yes I am!" Stephen turns back around.

"Say it then. Don't pussy out now Steph." Tony gives a half smirk, wanting to see if Stephen really would.

Tony had never seen Stephen get really angry. He'd been angry before, but Tony never heard him yell, especially at him.

"No." Stephen says calmly.

Tony scoffs almost proudly, "No?"

"I am not going to say anything mean anymore tonight. Not when I'm going to have to remember it all, and you wont remember any of it." The tall man says calmly.

Tony's face softens slightly, "What, you think you're gonna say something so mean that it'll really hurt me?"

"I'm not sure. But if I did, I'd be the one stuck with all the guilt. And I wouldn't be able to handle it." Stephen admits.

Tony's face completely drops, his brain trying to comprehend why Stephen wasn't trying to fight back. He started feeling bad.

"I'm going to bed." Stephen says, "I'll bring you out a blanket in a second."

Tony watches as Stephen exits the room. He lays on the couch, his brain repeating all the words his boyfriend said.

He feels a heavy weight on his feet, a blanket. He covers himself up, not knowing why he expected Stephen to cover him up.

He stares into the darkness, feeling hot tears roll down his cheek. His head full of thoughts, Tony cried himself to sleep that night.

---

Hiya :3 It's currently 2 am and I am very tired as I'm posting this and I wanna sleep so sorry if this seems rushed and sloppy!

Thank you for 200k reads btw??? That's insane??? I apreciate you all so much <3

Take care of yourselves and drink some water, bye lovelies <3