Long Nights

3rd P.O.V.

Tony rubbed his eyes, fighting off the sleep. He just had to finish this paperwork, or Pepper would have his head. He decided to get some coffee, surely that would help him stay awake, the last 5 cups had anyway.

He stood up and stretched. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, convincing himself it would get him to the coffee pot. He headed out of his office and to the kitchen.

When he got into the kitchen, Tony looked around for a minute, confused. How could he already forget why he was in there? He was just thinking about it and now he had no recollection of why he was in there.

"Tony?" He heard a deep voice ask. Stephen appeared in the moonlight. He was only wearing pajama pants and Tony thought he looked hot.

No. No, you're only thinking this because you're tired. Tired. Hot. Coffee. Need coffee.

"Strange? What are you doing up so late?" Tony spoke up and grabbed himself a mug for his coffee.

"I could ask you the same. I'm just getting some water." Stephen replied.

Tony rubbed his eyes again, trying to focus. He set the mug down and reached for the coffee pot. He hesitated, it was probably cold, "Friday, please uh, heat up the coffee." Friday responded with an "of course, sir" and soon a low whir could be heard as the coffee pot turned on.

"Tony, you do know what time it is, right?" Stephen asked as he poured water into a glass.

Tony thought. He didn't know what time it was, all he knew was that it was either really late or really early. He tried to think of the last time he checked his watch.. 12 but that was an hour or so ago.

"1:31?" Tony shrugged. Stephen gave a small smile, not believing that was his actual answer. When Tony didn't change his expression, Stephen put on a different smile.
"Wrong. Way wrong."

Tony looked at his watch. 4:13.

"Only about 3 hours off." Tony said like it wasn't that big of a difference.

"Sir, the coffee is ready." Friday stated.

Stephen gave a worried look as Tony poured the hot, not-quite-fresh, coffee into his mug.

"What have you been doing all night?" Stephen asks as Tony sips his coffee.

"Tinkering with my suit, paperwork for Pepper, really. Speaking of which, I have to finish it so I should probably head back, I have to 'wake up' in 2 hours." Stephen frowned at this.

"Actually Tony, maybe you should actually head to bed." Stephen offered.

"I can't. Work calls." Tony said and continued to walk.

"So do I."

Tony turned around, confused. The moonlight hit Stephen and Tony felt like he was being pulled to him. Tony felt something in his stomach, now he just wanted to gravitate towards the taller male.

"Wh-what?" Did Tony hear him right.

"So does sleep. You need some sleep." Stephen repeated.

Tony turned red from embarrement, of course Stephen wouldn't say something like that. He was glad it was 4 in the morning and dark.

"Strange, look--"

"Tony, c'mon. We can both tell that you need it. I'll even lay down with you, if it'll help." Stephen offered.

Absent minded, Tony spoke, "Will you?"

Even in the dark, Tony could feek Stephen smirk. He set his mug down and Stephen walked with him to his room. The two layed down. At first they felt awkward, both on separate sides.

Tony was almost asleep, but there was movement.

"Strange?" Tony asked as heard his door open.

"Oh. Sorry Tony, I thought you fell asleep." Stephen said quietly.

Tony shook his head, then realized he couldn't see him, it was still dark. "You said you were gonna lay with me."

He felt Stephen smirk again as he layed back down. Something took over Tony suddenly. He rolled over and cuddled up to Stephen. He started to get worried when the taller male didn't move. His heart jumped when Stephen cuddled back.

A minute later, two found themselves spooning.

"I always thought you'd be the smaller spoon." Stephen chuckles quietly.

"Mm- It's cause you're freakishly tall." Tony joked in a whisper.

Steohen just laughed in a hushed tone. "Night, Tony."

"Night, Stephen."
Stephen smiled big. This was the first time Tony had called him his first name.

-=+=-

Hiya

11:11

Hope this does well

I'm so tired

Lot's of Love
-Me