School Dance

"Dance with me."

Tony looks up to see who said those words.

"What?"

"I said dance with me." The guy, who Tony recognizes as Stephen, says.

Tony looks at his extended hand and then around the room crowded with teens around his age.

"Why?" Tony asks.

"Why not?" Stephen responds.

"Everyone will stare at us." Tony answers.

Stephen puts his hand back at his side.

"I thought you always wanted peoples attention." Stephen says.

"Yeah. Not when what I'm doing is going to show them all that I'm dating you." Tony says, his head facing the ground.

He knew that his words were hurting Stephen.

"I thought you didn't care about what people think about you." Stephen sits next to Tony.

They both resisted the urge to hold each others hand.

"I... We talked about this Steph. I can't do it." Tony states.

"You promised you would dance with me." Stephen says, his voice wavering slightly.

"I said I would try." Tony corrects him.

"And you haven't even done that."

Tony looks at him.

Stephen was staring out into the crowd. A slow song started playing and the couples made their way to the dance floor and singles made their way to the stand

Tony sees Stephen make eye-contact with someone.

"Last chance Tony." Stephen looks back at Tony, "I can't keep hiding. I want to dance with you. I want to hug you and kiss you here. Now. In public. I can't do that if you won't."

"Stephe-"

"If the next words you say aren't "I would love to dance with you" I don't want to hear it." Stephen says.

Tony just looks at him, no words escape his lips.

Then someone clears their throat.

"Sorry to interrupt." A kind voice says.

"Oh, don't apologize! You aren't interrupting anything." Stephen says.

"Oh! I'm glad! Um... Stephen, I was wondering, if it wasn't too much trouble, if you would like to dance with me?"

Stephen smiles at the guy. He looks at Tony, waiting for a reaction.

"Don't let me stop you."

Stephen looks back up at the guy, "I would love to dance with you." 

Stephen stands up and grabs the guys arm and they walk to the dance floor and start to slow dance.

Tony just sits and watches, nothing more he could do. There was nothing he was really willing to do. Finally he stands up, grabbing his jacket and he leaves. He refrains from turning back to look at Stephen. He didn't want to see him with another person, even if Stephen was looking at him while he was dancing.

He was ashamed of himself, but he tried to convince himself that this would be better. His heart knew that he was wrong, but his brain was stronger.

-------

hiya

idk what im doing lol im sorry this is so short ;-;

i lob u <3