3. the soccer boy

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Aera's POV

I waved at my brother Aheon as he ran inside his school towards his friends making me smile. After ensuring he was inside, I was once again walking alone along the same path towards the school. My mood was down due to embarrassing myself yesterday and then due to my parents fighting throughout the entire night. So in one word, my day was shit before it even started.

I walked inside the campus only to be met by Jay who was getting his stuffs out from his locker. "Aera here!" He waved at me as I walked towards him and leaned against my locker. "What's wrong?" He said out not looking at me as I sighed. "Will tell you later." Saying that, I let out a heavy breath opening my locker only to find a small paper bag from inside as it fell on the floor. Grabbing it, I felt Jay snatch it from my hand as he looked at it. "Woah-" he seemed shocked.

"What's wrong? What is it?" Uninterestedly I said out as Jay stared at me with a shocked look. "You just got your first confession letter." He said out loudly surprising me as well as the other students who were now evesdropping us. "What even?" I couldn't get the bag back from him as he opened the note and read it out loud. "What the hell? That too from Park Jisung??!" He was saying it out so loud, I could hear the people's gasps from behind.

Who even is Park Jisung? I grabbed the bag from him and smacked it inside the locker again closing it hardly before walking away from Jay. "Wow you seem so off. What is it?" He caught up to me inside the class as I sat down. "I met Park Sunghoon yesterday." "What?!" This overdramatic boy was about to get me in trouble by his loud voice. "Jay can you calm down?" I said out pulling him to sit back. "What else happened?" He said out. "I embarrassed myself real bad in front of him."

-

"Please this is so dumb, I can't stop laughing." Sunoo said out almost running out of air as I told them about yesterday. The three spread all out in the canteen laughing as I silently ate my food not giving them any reaction. Until I remembered something. "By the way. You didn't tell me anything about Jake yesterday." I poked Jay as he stopped laughing and got back to normal. "Oh yeah I didn't."

"Sim Jake?" Heeseung asked as Jay nodded and so did I. Eagerly looking at the three, I waited for them to finally reveal this other popular dude. "Jake is different." Jay started out as me and the other two listened to him carefully. "He plays soccer and let me tell you, he's really good at it. If half of the girls in the school has a crush over Sunghoon, the other half probably crushes over Jake. He is no less. He has his own charms." Damn that was very interesting. Jay noticed my careful look and continued.

"He's from Australia. He's handsome and he has merit. Probably a better student than Sunghoon but since the both of them barely attends class, I don't know much. But Jake has everything one needs." He finished as Heeseung continued. "He's different from Sunghoon though. He likes to stay quiet and can get very cold sometimes. He's interesting, I could never understand him." Heeseung finished his part as I now looked at Sunoo to continue but the guy was just chewing his food.

"What? I don't know anything about him other than his outstanding looks." He said out with food in his mouth making him look funny while saying it as we three laughed it out.

-

I was all alone at the washroom after lunch time was over. Washing my face, I heard some girls get inside the washroom. "Ugh she's here." Someone whispered as I decided to ignore it and wiped my face. "Hey you. Yes you." One of the girls called out to me as I looked at her. "Yes?" She walked towards me with a smirk on. "What even makes you special for Park Jisung to like you?" She talked to herself checking me out from top to bottom before scoffing.

"Lmao you rather look pathetic in that neat ass school uniform." She said walking outside the washroom as I pouted looking down. Oh to make my day worse. Wasn't it bad enough already? I didn't have any wish to do my next class and so I walked away. Walking outside the campus, I went towards the playground to get some fresh air. People were playing but I didn't care and just sat on one of the stairs. Putting on my earphones, I listened to the playlist I created for moments where I felt shitty and kept my eyes closed for a while.

It was peaceful.

Hearing extra noises, I opened my eyes to see the boys all stare at me. Pulling my earphones out, I heard them all screaming at me. Am I gonna die? "You're bout to get hit!" One of the guys said out as I noticed the ball coming at me in high speed but it was too late for me to get away. And the next moment, I knew the heavy ball had smashed itself to my face.

"God damn it Jake your throws are very hard. Now check if she's alive or not." The other guys all sighed as I laid on the floor with my eyes closed, in pain. Jake? With a ball? Sim Jake? Is my luck that bad? "Oh come on she probably is pretending." I was almost unconscious but I could hear them talk. And that person's tone didn't really sound apologetic.

Sitting up painfully, I held onto my face before opening my eyes to see a blurred figure walking towards me. I was completely wasted with the throw and I couldn't tell if I was even conscious or not. "Am I still alive?" I said out clearing my eye sight as I saw the guy's face. "Oh come on it wasn't that hard." He who was said to be named Jake said out making me mad as I immediately stood up.

"What the heck? You're playing on the ground not here. Can't even play tch." I screamed at him as I grabbed my stuffs with the ball still in my hand. "Ok maybe I hit you too hard. Your nose is bleeding." He nervously said out as I touched my nose to notice the blood. Gritting my teeth, I stared at the good looking guy with a very upset yet angry face and quickly turned around.

"Hey stop." The accent he had while speaking english. Australian. Gosh this had to be Sim Jake. I stopped and turned around to face him. "What?" The guy scratched the back of his head as I glared at him. "I'm sorry." He apologized as I felt the sorry do it's magic in calming me down slightly.

I sighed and looked at the ball in my hand before harshly throwing it at him as he caught it. With that, I walked away as I heard his small chuckle on my way outta there.

| | • • • • • | |

Yayyyy happy Hee day!!!!