14. game of dares

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Aera's POV

I sat down outside on the grass seeing the blue sky as everyone got dressed or rested after the long trip. I knew I was thinking about something but at the same time I didn't know what it was. But it felt good. I felt good being there, away from my family and everything else. Yawning, I covered my mouth blinking rapidly as I felt sleepy but I knew if I slept now I would be awake all night long. So I just stared in the thin air without any reason.

"Hey." I heard looking towards the direction from where the voice came from as I saw Sunghoon. Immediately turning around to him, I watched him sit beside me. "Are you okay now?" Asking him, I stared at him for a while as he settled down on the mat beside me. "Yup pretty much." He said out smiling at me as I smiled back and nodded. "Thanks though." He said out not looking at me as I shook my head. "It's nothing shut up."

Sunghoon just chuckled as I ignored it. "Aren't you tired?" The boy asked me as I nodded. "Yeah a lot." I could sense the questioning look on his face already. "Then why aren't you taking rest?" The warm breeze hit my face as I breathed the fresh air. "Why'd I rest when I can experience all these?" Pointing it out, I turned my head to face the ice skater as I nodded as well. "Good reason I guess." The others guys approached from behind us as I saw everyone slowly getting out of their tents.

"The water was so cold." Sunoo exclaimed slowly shivering as I agreed with him. "Too cold." I pouted trying to warm myself up by my hands but little did it work. Heeseung and Jay all settled down on the big mat as I noticed something was missing. "Where's Jake?" Nobody answered meaning they didn't know as I bit my lips trying not to worry about him. "I'm here." The guy with the wet dripping hair walked and sat in front of me as I smiled nodding.

"What took you so long?" Sunghoon asked resting his hands behind, on the ground. "Took a while to get under the cold shower." He said out pouting as Sunoo could relate to him. "Tch it wasn't even cold." Jay said out laying on the ground as he stared at the sky before closing his eyes. "Yah don't sleep here." Heeseung warned the younger guy only to receive a peace sign from him making us laugh.

-

After the treasure hunt ended, we all were exhausted and tired. I was ready to have dinner and go to sleep as soon as possible. But Jay barged inside my room scaring me. "What?" I asked him as he panted. "Come on, it's important." I panicked hearing him and followed the guy outside as he ran. Jay stopped in front of a lighted tent. "Here." He pointed getting in as I followed him only to be met by a bunch of other students. "Tada let's play truth or dare." He said out as everyone cheered while I glared at him.

Noticing the two quiet guys sitting at a corner, I sat beside Jake as he seemed off. "What's wrong?" I whispered only receiving a sigh. "I can't handle crowded places." He told me as I nodded seeing how crowded that small tent was. Someone poked my back slightly as I turned to meet a smiley Sunghoon. "Give me attention." He said cutely as I chuckled nodding as I sat straight between the two men. "Alright let's start!" One of the seniors shouted as everyone cheered making me nervous.

"First you!" An older student pointed at a girl who was probably younger than me and a grade below mine. "Look at the wall and confess to the person you like." The girl got nervous as she nodded hesitantly standing up. My anxiety got worse. But it was a game so I decided to shrug it off. Looking at Jake on the side, I found his hands slightly shaking as I held onto them causing him to look at me. "It's fine okay." I whispered as he nodded.

"Goddamn it. To the cute boy of my grade. I have been crushing on you since almost two years now but bruh you never noticed me." The girl rested her hand against the wall in embarrassment as everyone cheered for her. I smiled widely feeling myself get hot by the excitement. "Say the name!" One shouted from behind as everyone agreed with him. "That wasn't the rule!" The girl disagreed causing us to be disappointed but she gave up facing the wall again. "I guess then notice me Kim Sunoo?" she barely took his name but the crowd was smart enough to hear it.

Sunoo's name was all over the room as I looked at the guy's embarrased red face causing me to chuckle. "Damn Sunoo." Sunghoon whispered as I laughed along with him. Jake got a bit comfortable but still anxious. The girls made Jay do a dare of freestyle dancing as Heeseung tagged along with him. The talent though. Can't relate. They ended their parts as it was someone else's turn to get a dare.

It was again from a senior who looked at the crowd attentively searching for his next target before he smirked. "Make someone kiss you." He pointed to the guy behind me as I looked to meet Jake's nervous eyes. The guy was more than nervous today. There were more shouts as they all liked the dare but guess Jake didn't really like it. "I don't want to play." He said out coldly but the others didn't listen and just boo-ed at him. "Oh come on. It's just a game bud."

Another senior said getting a lot of agreements as Jake shook his head again. "I can't do this dare-" but before he could finish, I swiftly kissed his cheeks immediately backing away as everyone went silent for a moment before cheering louder. Jake just stared at front in shock as I bit my lips, a bit embarrased about my actions. But I couldn't just let his anxiety get worse. "Sorry." I whispered to him but got no reaction from the still guy.

I felt the other side get empty as I noticed Sunghoon leave the tent. I checked the time noticing it was almost 11pm and followed him behind. "Sunghoon! Sunghoon!" He was walking really fast. Like really fast making it hard for me run after him. "Park Sunghoon!" I shouted once again as he stopped. "Where are you going?" He didn't say anything and just looked away. "Huh?" I asked again. "To my tent." The guy slowly said still not looking at me as I sensed the closeness in his voice. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Aera. Just leave me alone right now. Please." With that, he walked towards his room as I dumbfoundedly stared at his back vanishing.

| | • • • • • | |

Hello sunshines I'm really sorry for the late update

Hello sunshines I'm really sorry for the late update. My exams are starting and mfs decided to take them offline so I'm panicking 😃 kindly cooperate this month, updates will get back to normal from next month hopefully 👼

also same qs again cause why not

Jake or Sunghoon? Jay is mine 😼