30. pushed away

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Aera's POV

I walked out of the house putting on my earphones as the slight hint of winter coming was already visible. Winter was depressing indeed but I loved it anyways. "Hey." Someone patted my shoulder making me look behind as they walked in front of me with a smile. I cheerfully smiled seeing the bright guy. "Sunghoonn." I hugged him softly as he chuckled caressing my hair.

It had been almost a week since we were dating and it was going well. For me, it was going well. Because it could have been worse. "Let's go?" My boyfriend asked as I nodded and we walked towards the school. Some students smiled at us while others were just usual but everyone supported our relationship. Except Sunghoon's fangirls who were ready to kill me any day they can.

"I'll come after lunch break, okay?" He said out kissing my cheeks as I nodded. The guy went back to his practice room as I entered the class. Jay waved his hands as I smiled and walked towards him. But my feet stopped yet once again in front of his chair. One week passed by. He still didn't come to do any of the classes. I knew Jake still came to school. But I rarely saw him. Looking at Jake's empty chair, I sighed and looked down as Jay called me again. "Cheer up. He has to come back or he will fail because of 0 attendance."

The guy tried cheering me up but he did make sense. He had to come back.

-

It was English period and I rested my chin on my hand leisurely doing the exercises as the weather made me feel extremely drowsy. "Geez.." it was a whisper but I could hear. Gathering my attention, I saw the principal walk in the class getting all our attentions but he didn't seem to have any business with us this time. "I know you're a top student but you also need attendance marks Sim Jake. So just please do as many classes you can." He said out as my eyes wandered behind him and widened as I saw Jake sighing frustratedly.

He slowly nodded and bowed to the teachers before walking towards his seat which was in front of me. I don't know if it felt weird cause I was seeing him after an entire week but he had gotten so much thinner than before. And it was worrying. I looked directly at his eyes but never did he look at me at all. He walked and sat in front of me and kept his bag on the empty seat which was Sunghoon's.

-

Jake's POV

The bell rang telling us it's lunch break. I packed my books and everything inside my bag and was ready to leave the classroom yet once again. I was no longer in the mood to do anything. Nothing. Being alone right now was what I preferred more than anything. Sunghoon entered the classroom excitedly as he smiled seeing Aera who was behind me. Didn't talk to him properly for almost a week now. I needed some time away from all these. After all, heartbreaks aren't fun.

"I missed youuu." He whined walking over to the chair behind me as I balled my fists not wanting to see them two together. Grabbing my bag, I was about to walk away from there when he called me. "Won't you tag along with us for lunch?" Looking back at them my eyes unknowingly met Aera's. I could say she wanted to talk to me but I couldn't. Faking a smile, I shook my head. "I'll pass." Saying that I left the room.

Another day at the terrace. All alone having my lunch like any other typical loner. Except that I was the one myself who pushed everyone away from me. But that was the only thing I could do right now. The harsh reality was tearing me apart. Lol why did I even think I'd stand a chance in front of Sunghoon. He is on a different level. Of course Aera would choose him.

Sighing I took a bite of the cookie grandma packed extra for me and looked down at my phone. The memory of me with Aera that night. When we kissed. I sadly smiled looking at her beautiful face as a slight pain was felt on the left chamber of my chest. This was just so sad. Why was I never able to have the people, I loved, by my side? Why can't I stop these feelings for her? Why don't I want to stop loving you Aera?

-

Sunghoon's POV

"And then coach said- wait are you even listening?" I waved my hands in front of my girlfriend who was zoned out. It was a free period and I had switched my seat with Jay's so now he was sitting beside Jake for the time being while I was beside Aera. I knew Jake needed time and I was ready to give it to him. The girl who was zoned out staring at Jake's back finally came back to earth as she slowly smiled. "Huh what? Sorry I'm just tired." She said out slowly as I nodded patting her head. "Take some rest baby."

"Aera your marks for physics aren't that great." The teacher who was checking the test papers quietly said not loud enough as I felt the girl disappointedly bow down to the teacher before sighing. "I still suck at physics." She pouted sadly as I noticed how adorable she looked.

"Don't be sad over this babe." I tried comforting her as the girl walked to the front of the class to wipe the board yet once again. Everyone was packing their bags ready to leave now. "Come on." I back hugged her as Aera shook it off. "Not now Sunghoon." She said out but I wasn't ready to listen to her so I wrapped my hands around her waist back hugging her as Jay scoffed. "Gosh cringe."

I chuckled but stopped as I saw Jake harshly grab his bag and leave the classroom without bidding goodbye. "Sunghoon leave." Aera whispered as she got out of my grip and looked at the doorway for a while sighing before going back to rubbing the board. Whatever this was. It felt weird. And unusual. The vibes weren't the best here.

Me and Aera silently walked to her house after Jay went to the other direction for his house. It was quiet but a peaceful quietness. Aera played with her fingers while I was thinking deeply. I was tempted to ask her something but I didn't know if it was right or not. "We're here." She said out bringing me back to my senses as I saw her lighted house in front. "Ohh." I softly said and went closer to her kissing her softly.

The girl chuckled as she stared at me. And I did the same. This overwhelming feeling was killing me. "Aera.." the said girl hummed as a response waiting for me to continue as I softly smiled at her but was still hesitant. "Do you really like me more than Jake?" I asked out and instantly felt embarrassed to ask it. Because Aera seemed extremely uncomfortable with this question.

Her smile disappeared as her eyes were shaking. "Sunghoon.." the girl awkwardly smiled not being able to understand the reason behind the sudden question as I decided to back off. "Nothing babe. Just forget it." I said pecking her forehead and waving her a bye before walking ahead leaving her alone in confusion.

| | • • • • • | |

Hehe not some of yall thinking Aera will later on end up with Jake lmaooooo

Think outside the box guys, what if Jake turns into a villain or something ehem 🤭 or what if this book ends in a couple more chapters? 🧘‍♀️😩