24. answer

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Aera's POV

"Aheon please don't annoy me." I said out while trying to study but my brother kept playing around beside me without caring about anything. Sighing in frustration, I grabbed my books and was about to go to the library when the door of the house opened revealing my father. Aheon slowed down and walked closer to me as I blankly stared at our father. The old man quietly came inside without talking much and sat down on the couch leaving us both confused.

"Do you want something dad?" I asked him out nervously as he looked at me. It's wasn't normal for us to have a normal conversation ever since my dad would either be drunk or angry most of the nights. "Ahh yes." He stood up and walked towards the kitchen leaving both me and my little brother in confusion. "Uhm let's have dinner together. I'll make it." He said out awkwardly scratching his head.

A small surprised smile was on my face as I stared at him. It got awkward for him as my dad now felt embarrassed. "It's fine if you guys have different plans-" but I cut him off immediately, "No we don't. We'll help you as well." My father was a bit shocked as if he hadn't expected it. Yes he isn't the best father, but he still is and will always be the only dad we will have. Aheon got excited as he ran over to dad making me smile. "Let's make meat!" The guy excitedly said out making us chuckle as I tagged along helping them as well.

I knew why my dad was being good all of a sudden. It was mom's birthday today. He wanted to make it up to her even though they probably will fight tomorrow. "So how's school going?" He asked me as the thought of being in a triangle entered my mind. The bell rang revealing my mom's tired self as she froze seeing her familiar make dinner. "Come along mom." I told her as she smiled widely and walked towards us seeing the three of us cook for her. Even though Aheon was simply snacking on a carrot.

"So yeah about school, how is it?" The older person again brought up the previous question leaving me silent. "It's alright I guess." Slowly saying out, I cut the vegetables as my mom and dad looked at each other. "Guy issues?" He asked me again as I bit my lip not wanting to answer it. "Of course there will be guy issues. Our Aera is too pretty to not make people fall for her." Mom said as I internally started regretting having a conversation about me. "So who is it?" Dad asked as Aheon mischievously smiled at me.

Yeah I tell my almost 12 year old brother all of my secrets.

"Two guys like-" immediately covering my brother's mouth I panicked as the two people in front looked at me with surprised eyes. "Hahaha it's nothing and no guy issues. Don't worry about it." Aheon quietened down as I glared at him before getting back to cutting the veggies. "The guy who brought you home that night. What was his name again? Jake, right?" Gosh. Nodding I helped my father make the soup. "Do you like him?" My mother was interrogating me so bad right now, it was embarrassing me. "Let's not talk about it."

"Why not? He seems good for you." Even though my dad didn't get anything he quietly gave company to my mother nodding his head every now and then. "What about Sunghoon hyung then!" Aheon was literally testing my patience and I was at my end line already. "Oh there's a Sunghoon here as well." The male Choi chuckled as I coldly stared at my brother for a while. "I am going to study." I said out going upstairs not wanting to let my weird love life be the reason behind their entertainment.

-

It was once again a school day. I yawned staring at the window by my side feeling extremely drowsy due to the lazy weather. Not wanting to hear the teacher's lecture I kept my head down. The two guys in front quietly did their work. Ignoring Jake and Sunghoon was hard. Because they'd just tag alone everywhere. Like that one day when Sunghoon came to the convenience store I worked at and tried to talk to me but I ignored him the entire time. I thought avoiding them would make them unlike me soon but no. I was just running away from my problems.

The class ended as everyone rushed towards the canteen. The classroom was almost empty except a few students who were either sleeping or studying. Getting up I was all ready to go have lunch but the two guys in front stopped me. Jake and Sunghoon stood up in front of me as I tried avoiding them but it was off no use. "Stop ignoring us." Sunghoon seriously said out as I decided to just face it. "I'm helping you both move on from me."

"Ouch that just hurt me a bit." The guy replied as Jake sighed and looked directly at me. "We are sorry Aera. We're best friends we're gonna be best friends no matter what. We promised that and we don't break promises." The older friend said as the skater agreed with him. I bit my lips giving in to them. "But you guys fought-"

"And we apologized for that as well." The two male in front now looked at me with pleading eyes making me think for a moment. "Fine. Apology accepted." I smiled at them and was ready to walk out of the place with them but they made me halt on my steps yet again. "But we have something to say too." Jake caught my attention while I looked forward to him completing his statement.

"This can't keep going. You have to choose one of us aera. We can't keep on fighting. If you don't like either of us. It's fine we get it. But just say it." His next statement caught me off guard. I didn't know what to say and I didn't want to stay in this situation. "Guys.." balling my fists, I closed my eyes out of nervousness. "I-I need time please." Stuttering I felt embarrassed at this point. I was so clueless myself. "Cute." Jake slightly smiled as I pouted. Sunghoon gave me a warm smile before letting out a breathe and nodded.

"Take your time. Just don't leave us hanging for too long." And I knew I had to give them my answer sooner or later.

| | • • • • • | |

This chapter was so meaningless