13. sick and wet

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Aera's POV

"Remember next week, we're going on a three days picnic." The homeroom teacher said out as everyone screamed at the top of their lungs due to excitement. Jay excitedly banged on his table while I was here in nervousness. I needed to get my parents' signatures. My father would never allow and I was scared to ask mom about it. "You're coming, right?" Jay asked me as I looked down not giving him any answers. "Don't tell me you aren't." He disappointedly said out sighing as the two boys in front heard it and immediately looked behind.

"You aren't coming?!" They both said out at the same time as Jay chuckled. The two friends looked at each other before they quickly looked at different directions in embarrassment. "You won't come?" Jake said out in disappointment. "I don't know actually." I said out sadly confusing the three male. "I need to get my mother's permission and she's strict about all these.

Jay hummed as he thought for a moment before finding an idea. "Wait we could do this-"

-

"I said no and that's final Choi Aera." My mother said out as she wore her apron getting ready to go to the hospital for work. "Mom please!" I whined walking and following her as she sighed and stared at me for a while. "No Aera. It's not safe. Your dad wouldn't allow it." She got back to gathering her stuffs as I scoffed slightly. "Does dad even notice me enough to know I'll be out for three days?" Mom stopped hearing me as she looked away. "I don't want to talk about this again." She said grabbing her bag as she walked out of the door making me let out a big sigh.

Told them she'd never listen.

Jay's POV

Me and the other two boys hid behind the bush waiting for Aera's signal. The door to her house opened as I noticed Mrs. Choi get out in her apron. The girl behind her quickly followed her as she looked at us and slightly shook her head. "Alright it's our turn now." I whispered as Sunghoon and Jake hid behind me. "Yeah but what are we even going to do?" Sunghoon said out as I quickly shrugged him away. "Just follow my lead and don't mess up." With that I walked out of the bush.

"Mrs. Choi!" Maybe I scared the older woman as she flinched holding her chest in fear while the other guys behind me hesitantly got out. "Gosh you scared me kid. Who are you?" She said out confused as I chuckled. "I'm Aera's friend, Jay." Her mom just stared at me and then at the two guys behind me. "Ahh Jake right?" She pointed at Jake as the said guy bowed down to her. "How does she know you?" Sunghoon whispered as I quickly pushed him not wanting to ruin the moment.

"Ah I'm Sunghoon." Sunghoon also bowed as Aera's mom nodded. The girl was behind her mom at a distance just staring at the four of us. "Uhh ma'am we wanted to tell you that you should let Aera go to the picnic." I said out but the older woman looked at her daughter and then glared at the three of us. "Look kids. I already said no." She was about to walk away but Sunghoon stopped her. "But why?" Aera's mom was kind of scary and strict. "She can't take care of herself and I can't let her go with no protection. It's dangerous."