CHAPTER 2

Behold the authority in her eyesA glow that shines like the sunriseHer voice that the royals haveAnd the name that the immortals craveGentle breeze through her hairShe walks elegantly while the spellbounded eyes stare

A glow that shines like the sunrise
Her voice that the royals have
And the name that the immortals crave
Gentle breeze through her hair
She walks elegantly while the spellbounded eyes stare

She is a thorn‐ful royal without a compare
And she is the greatest of them, I swear.

.·:**˚¨¨* ≈★≈ *¨¨˚**:·.

"How is it going, Lucas?", Ambrosia filled a cup of tea for him.

"Just as you expected. Apparently Anasticius is still alive and I can sense black magic from him." Lucas gladly took the cup, gulping down it's contents.

"If Anas ascends the throne, then war is the expected solution. If we can save Claude, then it can be handled peacefully. It's up to Claude and Athy as to what they will take as their decision." Ambrosia started to calculate the possibilities.

"What about the chimera and the white dog?", Lucas questioned, biting the cookies "Tell the maids to prepare more of these cookies."

"First, we need to prove that Jeanette is a product of black magic. If Ijekiel then refuses his love for Jeanette, then consider that we will 'dissolve' her. And Kiel? I'll make sure to cut his status from a Duke to a Baron." Ambrosia sipped on her 5th serve of tea.

"And what if Kiel still accepts her? Will you keep them alive?", Lucas, knowing the answer, still asked her.

"Alive but their status will be reduced and Jean will need to promise that she won't fight for the throne. As for Roger, I'll settle with him personally."

Lucas shivered at her words.

Bet she will burn him alive...
Black lines appeared on his forehead.

But one question always wandered in his mind. And he wanted to voice it out.

Getting the perfect chance, he asked Ambrosia.

"Why did you choose me for this?", Lucas finally voiced out his thoughts.

"I already told you. A feeling came over me when I saw you. A reassuring one. And thus I choosed you to protect her." Ambrosia closed her eyes, trying to remember what she was.

But sadly, those memories never came to her.

The blurry image of her standing among tall pillars and bowing down to someone. The blurry image of her parents. Although having blurry memories about her, she still knew about this world. Not her family, not her friends, but the people of this family and this empire.