s e v e n t e e n | aftermath

•

We arrived at the scene in the shopping district of Myeongdong.

Detective Byun ran to the location as soon as we stopped the car while the three of us stayed outside the boundary line. Flashing lights of blue and red lit the rubble left behind from the explosion. There were and fire trucks parked near the vicinity while other patrol officers were telling people who recorded the thing to leave the area. Soon this news would blow up on social media just as the building did.

Baekhyun ducked under the tape and came to face with one of his friends from the Police Academy who was from a different precinct, " Chanyeol! What happened? "

The tall man turned around to face Baekhyun and momentarily smiled seeing his buddy before donning a more serious expression. " At midnight an explosion went off in this mall, but the system and fire department was able to stop it before it could get worse, " Detective Park Chanyeol explained, " Thankfully the employees had already left and the other buildings weren't effected, so we have zero casualties. "

" We aren't sure yet, but judging from the looks of it, it seems to be a chemical explosion. "

Baekhyun halted his steps to looked at Chanyeol as soon as he said that. " Although we haven't fully confirmed anything-" Baekhyun reached to something in the ashes and cut him off. In his hand was a piece of metal from the ashes.

" I think I have some information that can help you. "

Instead of the usual silence and drowsy atmosphere, the police station had an feeling of alertness that was rarely seen. Numerous uniformed and non uniformed officers were quickly walking past while others answered to urgent calls by the concerned people. By now the news of the explosion had reached the public and they were thinking the same thing that Chanyeol was.

The two detectives were taking strides to the meeting room where Baekhyun asked his Captain and other people in his squad to go to beforehand so he could do some briefing after the confirmation by Taeyeon. As the two stepped in they could feel the tension, even Sehun who would usually be asleep was wide awake and paying the utmost attention.

" Good Evening, " Baekhyun spoke while Chanyeol stood behind him, being the first one to the scene.

" Actually it isn't really a good evening. " He corrected before going back to the main subject at hand, pulling out photographs of a man from a folder on the podium.

" I believe the explosion is related to the case of Kim Uju. "

The rest watched him as he explained, still maintaining suspicion but needed answers. " He was a thought to be a normal man. One night the neighbors called the station, saying that they haven't seen him in a while. "