e i g h t e e n | two sides of a coin

•

Lee Taeyong was a powerful individual. He was the boss of one of the most nefarious mafia's in South Korea, the Red Dragons. He controlled a large territory in Seoul and had his hands in numerous businesses and social circles so nothing gets past him. Especially with the innumerable associates. Even the police would stray away when they hear a case related to him.

But to those who were a part of Red Dragons or under his territory, especially high ranking members, knew that he almost juxtaposed his reputation. Keyword; almost.

A phrase they associated the most with Taeyong was; 'In evil there is kindness.'

Despite being one of the most feared men in the county he could often be found doing volunteering work, helping out at shelters, and checking up on the people he knew. This even extended to the Red Dragons. Some of the rules they had was to never deal with narcotics and arms dealing, never rise the interest rate to the point it was impossible, and the most importabt one; never attack unless provoked first.

Taeyong had a cold exterior, but underneath that ice was a warm and scarred heart.

That was why he barged into our office to drag us along with him with said activities later that afternoon.

Jaemin and I plopped down onto the couch after a long day. It was currenlty 5pm. We just finished up researching about the evidence left behind in the car by the detective. Honestly it was more forgotten than left behind. At first Jaemin was against helping me research since the detective told us he'll take care of it and that we shouldn't interfere and meddle in, but he soon changed his mind when I was about to walk out of the door and conduct research myself.

" Alright alright! But if the detective finds out and gets angry, I'm pinning the blame on you. " He yelled which I responded with, " That's fair. "

The piece of shiny metal turned out to be part of a cylinder made of brass and copper. It was something used in percussion caps to detonate along with mercury fulminate, which was what we found in the bags. But other than that, it had many uses in daily life and industries. Mainly automotive and transportation. So we checked different auto parts stores in South Korea,

And there were far too many even in Seoul alone.

The most obvious step was to narrow down and find the ones located in or near Myeongdong, where the explosion happened, or Itaewon, where Kio resided in. But a thought crossed my mind. That would leave behind a record of purchase which could implicate you. It would be much better to get it from somewhere else. So we did some asking around our associates who we sometimes asked information from the streets for our job.