s i x | bond between brothers

•

Warmth enveloped me and the aroma of coffee filled the air. I yawned and stretched my arms, out my palms covered by the oversized cream sweater I wore. It was an incredibly soothing atmosphere and I wanted to take a rest, but sadly I have responsibilities.

" Did you finish the question- nevermind you didn't even start solving yet. "

Jaemin and I were studying for the upcoming math test we had. Although I was great at art and solving cases, I still sucked at math.

My intelligence was more in creative thinking, not calculating.

We were currently in Johnny's coffee shop. I quite liked the place. It was warm and cozy with wooden floors, hanging lights, and soft lofi music playing through the speakers. We always went here everytime we needed to study for a test or an exam for school because of how nice it was.

I was sipping on my iced americano as Jaemin looked at the problem one last time. A while ago I asked him to explain it to me and he sighed saying it was easy, but now he was as lost as I was and complaining that the equation was wrong. " What?! It should be equivalent to 12 then, not 7!"

The coffee shop was pretty empty since it was a weekday, the only other people inside were Johnny and the other staff members who were out it the back and very bored. I stifled a yawn as I tried to listen to Jaemin but what Detective Byun said kept replaying in my head.

Kio was dead and the killer was still out there.

The whole case was incredibly strange and I couldn't help but think about. I could've searched more and we could've tried finding the culprit, but the detective said that our deal was only to find Kio and that was it. He didn't want us snooping around and besides, less work to do.

My train of thought got disrupted by a loud clank, Johnny was there and placed a plate on the table. " On the house. " The plate was covered in were different types sweets and pastries.

Jaemin's eyes were sparkling as he turned to look at the older. " Thank you so much! " The boy placed the math papers down and immediately started digging in. I rolled my eyes at and scolded him, telling him that too much sweets were bad for his health and to slow down but also because I wanted some too. " Hey, leave some for me! "

Johnny laughed at our antics before he got a call, he dug his phone out of his apron and answered it.

" You two should go back to your office. " We both stopped bickering at the serious tone of Johnny's voice. I jokingly replied, " Jeez, if you didn't want us here you could just say so. "