s e v e n | sweet revenge

•

It was already an hour after school ended and Jaemin and I were at the office, waiting. It was actually quite nice, even if it was a relatively small space. The walls and floors were made of polished exposed concrete, and they were covered with colorful rugs and paintings, a few of which were made by yours truly.

From the ceiling hanging was a light bulb, covered by a wooden shape with geometric patterns. On one side of the room was the soft couch with fluffy pillows where Jaemin was laying on with his feet propped up on coffee table, and on the opposite side of the room was the sleek wooden desk which had papers stacked on top of it coated in light by the sunset from the floor to ceiling window.

At the desk back of the desk it was a bathroom, why you may ask? The building was actually supposed to be a residential apartment complex but the owner and developer changed their minds last minute and decided to make it a commercial lot.

The other door on the left was restricted for customers and only Jaemin and I could enter. We called it the Chamber of Secrets since that was where we got most of our work done. There was a bookshelf with files of all the jobs we've done and beside it was Jaemin's desk. Numerous wires made your eyes travel up and there you'd see all the monitors which we used to survey the area and there you could see malls, parks, and streets all crowded with people. Maybe people we might have to look for in the future.

When I left after finishing up on research about the Hellions, which was our new task, I was greeted with the dark night sky and bright city lights. 

He was about to arrive.

Low and behold the man of the hour, the one and only, Lee Taeyong. Jaemin and I immediately stood up and greeted him.

From the corner of my eye I saw Johnny standing a little behind Taeyong. Instead of his usual white long sleeved shirt, jeans, and navy blue apron he was wearing a silver suit jacket on top of a black silk button up with black pants to match, his hair was also slicked back. He went from your harmless next door neighbor to the boy you told your boy not to worry about- 

I shifted my gaze from him and onto the Mafia Leader's. His piercing eyes gazing right back, almost making me gulp. " Why did you want to meet us? " 

" I know where the Hellions are right now, but I don't know their exact location." He began, his deep voice echoing through the air. " Since that's your job, you two will have to come with us. " Then his gaze travelled up and down Jaemin and I.

Johnny spoke up in his stead. " But not in that, anyone can tell you don't belong where we're going."

My eyebrows furrowed and so did Jaemin's we took a glance at each other before looking back at the Mafia members. " What do you mean? " Jaemin asked.

Soon we arrived at a different location in the outskirts of the city, one that wasn't on any maps and certainly one that normal people wouldn't be able to enter in. Now I understood what Johnny meant about being obvious.

Now I was wearing an oversized black graphic t-shirt with knee high boots and put on a black cap that covered my face  just in case. The place was something Jaemin and I have never even been too and although we were keeping it on the low, you could still see Jaemin's eyes lingering a bit too long on something that piqued him.

People in dark clothing and mysterious groups wandered around the place. Some were in makeshift bar tents and drinking different types of alcohol, laughing and talking. Others were in booths where you could place your bet with huge blocks of cash.

But the one thing that stood out the most were the ones that were at a gas station nearby that also doubled as a parking spot where you could adjust and modify your cars. That's right, cars. Multiple cars were parked at that spot, each of them unique with the outside being personalized to the driver's liking. As Jaemin and I were passing by one of them revved the car to test it and there was a display of smoke and light. 

We were at Neo City, a well known illegal racing spot, familiar to those who know a thing or two about street racing.

I couldn't help but look in awe but Jaemin grabbed me, " Yah Vin, we have to be careful here. There's lots of dangerous people in these places."

My eyes followed to where he was looking at and in one of the makeshift bar tents were guys with dark stares but, you couldn't mistake what was on the table. 

A gun, and a row of bullets.

Somewhere further into the booth I caught a glimpse of a man, he was the one we're looking for. Han Kanji, The leader of the Hellions. The man who almost killed Mark. You could see why Taeyong wanted to track the man down so bad, he was out there drinking and throwing away his money like it was nothing, meanwhile Mark could barely stand and had to endure pain every second until he recovers. It was incredibly cruel.

Jaemin then got out his phone and called Taeyong, soon he arrived and Johnny was trailing behind him. As soon as he saw the tent, Taeyong's eyes turned sharp like daggers as he made his way into it, fixated on one thing; Revenge.

Johnny sighed before turning to Jaemin. " You two stay here okay? Be careful. " He then followed his leader inside and jogged to the tent.

All eyes were on the red-haired leader, making his way through with his mind set. Even Johnny knew he shouldn't intervene aside from him believing the man who should pay, he knew that no one would ever get in between a man getting revenge for his family, unless they wished to die a painful death.

The guy who was holding his champagne laughter's immediately died down as he saw the people sitting around him looking at his back with shock, " What's going on- "

When he turned around he almost dropped his glass at the deadly stare piercing right through him, " It's been a long time Kanji-yah " Taeyong made a mocking laugh as soon as he saw the reaction of the man before him.  " Mind telling me what went wrong in the last visit? Don't spare any details or, "

Taeyong stepped towards him, his deep and threatening voice send shivers down Kanji's spine, his strong grip on Kanji's shoulder was almost enough to crush it. His message was clear. 

" You'll be the one going to the hospital next. "

______________________________

hello another update-

the next one might take a while since my ipad, which i mainly use for writing is broken at the moment so i hope its okay with you all but it will get fixed around this week. ive really missed writing so i decided to update using a laptop

till next time ^^