seven

THE POGUES HAD a party to remember

THE POGUES HAD a party to remember. Kie and JJ had stopped to grab some alcohol and after that, the six friends returned to the Chateau. Jo had never been happier — she was home, with all her friends, celebrating Pogue style. She never thought she would get to do this again, but here she was, gathered with her friends in the hot tub JJ had bought, getting drunk and just relishing in the simplicity of life. She still felt a slight weight on her chest because of all the problems piling up, but as John B had said, they would deal with them tomorrow. Right now, she was enjoying the moment. She knew this would be a memory they talked about for years to come.

John B shouted triumphantly as he finished shotgunning a beer. He stood up in the hot tub and raised his arms up, pumping his fists happily. Jo tilted her head back and laughed, watching as JJ did the same — except half of his beer ended up all over his chest.

The familiar smell of weed wafted towards Jo and her eyes lit up as Kie hit a joint. She waltzed over to the girl in the hot tub and held out her hand excitedly. "Oh my god, I've missed getting high," she cried.

Kie laughed loudly as she handed the joint over and Jo took a long hit. "Hell yeah!" She cheered. "Pogue style, baby."

"God, isn't this great?" JJ cried. "All of us together, getting drunk and having fun. Just like old times."

"I don't ever want it to end," Jo admitted softly.

JJ smiled and stood up suddenly, tapping Pope's shoulder. "Come on, Pope! Chicken time."

The rest of the group piled out of the hot tub and gathered around the fire, drinking their beer as they watched JJ and Pope hit each other and try to make the other lose their balance. Eventually they grew tired of the game and just started wrestling. Jo laughed loudly and cheered JJ on, but he was quickly overpowered as Pope pushed him to the ground.

"Oohh, the one leg sweep," John B narrated.

"Dude, come on," Jo groaned. "What happened to your wrestling skills?"

"Hey!" JJ cried. "I've been a little busy, you know, grieving your death."

Jo gave the boy a sad smile and wrapped him in a hug. Pope got to his feet and announced he was out, trudging away from the fire as Kie slowly followed him.

"Kie, what?" Jo cried with wide eyes. "Wow," Sarah chorused. "Way to be discreet!" JJ laughed.

"I leave, and this is what happens," John B sighed, shaking his head in fake disappointment. "Are you blaming me?" JJ asked. "Just a little bit," John B admitted. Jo laughed as she watched the two until John B stood up to get another beer.

"You had one job, JJ," Sarah continued. "No pogue-on-Pogue macking."

"You know me and Jo are macking, right?" JJ asked rhetorically. "So like, why would I care if Pope and Kie got together?"