eleven

THE FOUR FRIENDS spent the night together in the chateau, reminiscing on old times and sharing their fondest memories

THE FOUR FRIENDS spent the night together in the chateau, reminiscing on old times and sharing their fondest memories. It would have been even sweeter if John B was there, but it was still the most fun they'd had since he got arrested. They stayed up until the early hours of the morning, just drinking and laughing and trying to forget their problems.

When daylight rolled around again, Jo was awoken by the incessant chirping of birds outside her window. She groaned and flung her arm over her eyes, still too tired to be bothered by the sunlight streaming into her room. JJ chuckled breathily as he rolled over and snaked his arm around her waist.

"Morning," he whispered. His voice was deep and raspy, still thick with sleep as he nuzzled his face into the crook of Jo's neck. She giggled as his blonde hair tickled her skin and she rolled over so she was facing him. "Morning," she whispered back.

JJ flashed her a sloppy grin before pressing his lips to hers. Jo sighed in content as their lips moved in sync, giving both teens a warm feeling throughout their bodies. Jo pulled away with a dazed smile on her face and ran her hands through JJ's messy hair. No matter now disastrous it looked, it was always smooth and soft. She loved playing with it.

"What do you want to do today?" JJ asked. He brought his hand up and caressed her face, causing Jo to smile and close her eyes.

"I don't care, as long as you're not coming up with some monstrosity of a plan to break my brother out of jail," she chuckled.

"Listen, it was a good plan!" JJ protested with a pout.

"No, it wasn't," Jo deadpanned, opening her eyes to frown at the blonde boy. "John B would've been in even more trouble if he escaped from jail and ran away."

JJ shrugged and rolled his eyes. "He already evaded police once."

Jo sighed and sat up, running a hand through her hair to push it out of her face. "Let's go surfing today," she stated. She was desperate to change the topic and keep JJ out of trouble. "We haven't done that in a while."

"I'm in," JJ hummed. He swung his feet over the edge of Jo's bed and set them on the floor, grabbing a shirt he had discarded there and pulling it over his head. Jo couldn't help but stop and admire his toned and tanned chest and the way his muscles flexed slightly as he put his shirt on. JJ grinned, feeling her eyes on him as he turned around. "Take a picture, Princess. It'll last longer," he teased.

Jo rolled her eyes and flipped him off. She stood up and stripped out of the gym shorts and t-shirt she had slept in and exchanged them for one of her many bikinis. Once she had her swimsuit on, she pulled on a pair of jean shorts and grabbed her flip flops. The couple sauntered out of her bedroom and she drummed her hands on the walls as she walked to wake Pope and Kie.

"Come on, losers!" She called. "We're going surfing!"

Once the remaining two Pogues were awake and dressed, the four friends made their way outside. JJ grabbed his surf board and set it on the table, getting right to work on cleaning and waxing it. Kie sat on the couch and fiddled with the community ukulele while Jo and Pope just watched. Jo honestly had no idea where the little instrument came from, it had just showed up one day. No one really used it aside from Kie, but it had still been dubbed as the community ukulele because no one knew who it's real owner was.