Killing Dreykov, Part Three

Katerina Orlova's head was spinning. Her outburst caused most people and objects around her in a mile radius to be hit by a sudden force of energy, sending them crashing to the floor.

Her vision was blurry and there was an intense ringing in her ears. She clutched her temples harshly, trying to make the memories go away. She remembered all her innocent vicitms, and couldn't handle the guilt.

"Katerina!" She heard a muffled voice in the distance. From the Russian twang she could infer that it was Yelena, who sounded worried.

Katerina could barely stand. She was down on her knees, grasping her hands onto her head and screaming out in pain. Not physical pain, but the torment and the torture her mind was going through.

Natasha couldn't bare see her like this, and turned her back until the screaming went away. Yelena on the other hand rushed to her side, grabbing her arms and desperately trying to hug her big sister.

"You're okay. You're okay. Hey, hey, it's me, it's Yelena." Yelena repeated over and over. Katerina found odd comfort in the sound of her panicked tone, and found herself calming down. Hearing her little sisters voice after all this time was soothing, and she slowly removed her bloody hands from her bloody head.

Katerina raised her chin slightly, her teary eyes staring into Yelena's, who had a worried expression plastered across her face. It slowly mushed into a comforting smile, and Yelena bounded into Katerina, wrapping her in a bear hug. It took a while for Katerina to hug her back, but when she did she buried her face into Yelena's hair. Smelling it reminded her of home.

"Thank you." Katerina said sincerely, pulling away from the hug. Yelena smiled brightly at her, exasperated to see her sister back to normal again.

"Don't thank us yet, the hard part isn't over." Natasha said bluntly.

"You had to ruin it." Yelena joked. Nat rolled her eyes playfully, and looked to Katerina, who had a distraught expression on her face. She knew exactly who Natasha was referring to, and that made her feel something she never wanted to feel again.

"Dreykov." Katerina said. The girls couldn't tell if she was saying it angrily or fearfully. All they knew was that Katerina wasn't done with Dreykov yet; out of all of them, she deserved the satisfaction of revenge the most.

"He's inside somewhere." Nat said to Katerina.

"Then let's smoke him out." Katerina said, turning to walk back to the red room where Dreykov's office was.

"Should I be worried?" Yelena said, following behind.

"Yes." Katerina said, and lunged herself from one platform to another.

"Okay! I guess we'll just, meet you inside then." Yelena said sarcastically.

Once everybody was somewhere inside the floating red room they had scrapped the plan, and decided to improvise, much to Yelena's dismay.

"Alright listen up. Our only focus now is getting to Dreykov. We need something to distract the only security he has left. What's something distracting?" Nat stated, using her 'thinking face'. The whole team, including Katerina, looked at Yelena.

"I'd say she's pretty distracting." Katerina joked in a serious tone.

"You've got to be kidding me." Yelena said, unimpressed.

"It's settled then. Yelena we need you to cause some sort of big distraction. Then the rest of us can storm Dreykov's office." Natasha said to her little sister.