We Need You

A few long and draining months had passed, and Yelena and Katerina had been helping Widow's be free of the chemicals Dreykov had planted in their brains.

The two sisters had formed a bond stronger than before. Yelena helped Katerina adjust to the new world, and Katerina was good to Yelena. After everyone she lost and had leave her, Katerina helped Yelena handle that.

"Stop thinking about her." Katerina said bluntly.

"What?" Yelena asked, shooting her head up from her desk, stunned.

"Wanda. Stop thinking about her." Katerina said, looking back at her book.

"Stop reading my mind." Yelena said, trying to think of something casual or mundane. Katerina giggled to herself, enjoying the taunting towards her little sister.

A few hours passed and the sisters had planned to head to Venice, hoping to locate more of the brainwashed Widow's there. They were all ready to board their plane when their plans were just slightly interrupted.

Yelena was in the bathroom, but left a phone Katerina had never seen before unattended. It started to ring, and at first Katerina didn't want to answer it, but when it called again she thought it must be urgent.

"Hello?" Katerina said down the phone, confused.

"Yelena?" The voice returned, even more confused.

"Natasha?" Katerina questioned, recognising the American voice.

"Katerina?" Nat replied. "Why are you answering Yelena's phone, is she okay?" Nat asked, concerned.

"She's fine she's in the bathroom, I didn't even know she had this phone." Katerina reassured.

"Well it was for emergencies only." Nat replied.

"Ah. So for you to be calling I reckon there's an emergency." Katerina sighed, wishing all the wars would just stop.

"You know I wouldn't be calling unless we needed you." Natasha said sadly.

"I know." Katerina sighed.

"So what's happened?"

Once Yelena came out of the bathroom she walked over to the private jet to see Katerina putting different coordinates into the navigation system.

"Is Venice off the list?" Yelena asked confused, hoping there were no Widow's in dire need of help.

"Not exactly." Katerina sighed, looking to her little sister.

"Natasha called, didn't she." Yelena asked sadly.

"She wouldn't call unless it was urgent. And believe me it is." Katerina looked genuinely worried. Yelena couldn't remember the last time she saw her sister look worried.

"How bad?" Yelena asked.

"This is bigger than the both of us. It's not just a matter of countries but the entire Universe is at stake." Katerina looked away, she didn't want her sister to worry more than she already was.

"Okay. Pretty bad." Yelena replied, trying to lighten the mood.

"You know if it were that easy I'd turn this mission down." Katerina looked at her little sister, worried for her safety.

"I know. I guess we're just too nice." Yelena said sarcastically. "I mean, the Universe, that's kind of a big deal I guess." She joked. Katerina just smiled at her sadly, and wrapped her in a hug. She held her there for a few seconds, appreciating possibly their last moments of peace.

"So. Where to now?" Yelena asked, pulling away. Katerina took a deep breath.

"Wakanda."