We're In The Endgame Now

The final fight was still persevering, but most of the Avengers had fallen into their grief. Wanda, despite being the most powerful, had given up, as she stared at Vision's lifeless body. That feeling of utter despair was shared with Bucky Barnes, who couldn't accept that Katerina was gone. Really gone. No amount of magic or infinity stones could bring her back.

Natasha and Steve, who had snapped out of their self-destructive trance, were still trying to fight. To avenge their fallen. However, even for the most courageous Avengers, it was hopeless. They were both quickly knocked down again, neither able to get back up again due to their exhaustion.

Meanwhile Thanos showed no remorse for the blood he had just spilled, and made his way over to Vision's corpse, ignoring the angered witch protecting it.

"I understand what it's like to lose." Thanos stated, empathising in his psychotic way.

"You could never." Wanda muttered, rage filled her entire body.

"Today I lost more than you could ever know." Thanos twisted the gauntlet, the Time Stone glowing an unnerving green.

"But now is not the time to mourn."

Without a second thought, Thanos reversed the clock, bringing Vision back to life. After everything, this was not the end of the mad Titan's plan.

"NO!" Wanda screamed, rushing to stop Thanos but failing immediately.

Thanos ripped the Mind Stone from Vision's body, crushing his skull with his bare hand. Wanda, and the remaining Avengers watching his brutal death all over again.

Thanos placed the final infinity stone into his gauntlet, power gushing through his body. Wasting no time he raised his fist, prepared to snap half of all life out of existence.

However, the God of Thunder was not about to let that happen. For Heimdall.

And for Loki.

Stormbreaker pierced through the air, crashing directly into Thanos' chest. Thor landed right in front of the Titan, now collapsing to his knees.

"I told you." Thor grabbed Stormbreaker. "You die for that." The axe was pushed into Thanos' heart deeper, his death was clearly fast approaching.

It was evident Thanos was trying to get his last words out, and Thor was enjoying watching the life drain from his body.

"You.." Thanos began.

"You should have gone for the head."

"NO!"

Thanos had snapped his fingers. He looked down at his burning fist, knowing it worked.

"What did you do?!" Thor asked frantically.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

Without a single response, Thanos was gone. He just opened a portal and walked through.

"Where'd he go?" Steve Rogers asked worriedly.

"Thor?!"

"...Steve?"

Steve turned around to see his best friend disappearing into dust. He tried to go to his aid as fast as he could, but before he could react, Bucky was gone. And then the Wakandan army began to disappear.

Then Sam Wilson was gone.

And then King T'Challa.

Until the heroes could see that they had fatally lost. And were losing more and more by the minute.

Steve turned around to see Natasha embracing her sisters dead body. They made grief-struck eye contact, neither one of them fully understanding what was happening.

Yelena could feel her pulse beginning to slow. Still, she made her way to the one person she had to see, one last time.

"Wanda." Yelena choked out, clutching her body. She noticed her hands had began to fade, but suppressed her fear, and put on her usual brave face for the love of her life.

"Not you too.." Wanda cried, rushing to Yelena.

The two women collapsed to the ground, embracing each other in what they knew was their last hug. Yelena knew she couldn't wipe Wanda's tears away, so she gently pressed her lips to Wanda's, tears now pouring from her eyes.

"This universe was not meant for us. Maybe in another life?" Yelena smiled the best she could, but couldn't bear see the one person she had ever loved look so broken.

"You found me once." Yelena smiled.

"Find me again." Wanda whimpered, clutching Yelena's face gently in her palms.

"I will." Yelena promised. But their love was not strong enough to keep her here. Wanda was alone, Yelena was gone.

She felt no more grief or despair could consume her, and when Wanda noticed that she too was disintegrating, she felt a large feeling of relief on her chest. She lifted her face to the sky, accepting her fate, knowing she was leaving to be reunited with those she held so close to her heart.

"Yelena!" Natasha cried, and Steve held her whilst she cried.

Despite being cradled by the super soldier, Natasha was all alone. Her sisters were dead. And they weren't coming back. She clutched her stomach, unable to bare with the pain of loosing so much in such little time.

She didn't even get a chance to say goodbye.

It's okay, she tried to tell herself. I'm better off alone anyway. Except she was lying to herself, and didn't care about how vulnerable she was in that moment. They were gone, and she couldn't do anything about it except mourn.

The remaining Avenger's huddled around Steve and Natasha, holding their heads low to mourn the ones that had fallen.

"It's over." Nat stated weakly, feeling completely numb to everything. "He actually did it."

"..Oh, God..."