Divided We Fall

"SOMEBODY GET TO VISION!" Captain America screamed through his earpiece, holding off Corvus Glaive from tearing the Mind Stone out of Vision's head.

He was the only one of Thanos' children still standing, but he wasn't going down easy. Vision was barely functioning, his body caving in after their many attempts at killing him.

Steve was the only one at the quarry area of the Wakandan out-banks who was desperately trying to defend Vision, and the Mind Stone with it. He was bruised and bloody, but as always refused to give up. With one swift movement, his strong punch sent Corvus Glaive stumbling back, giving Vision enough time to run.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" Steve screamed to a weak Vision, fighting off the enemies with as much strength as he could gather.

"GO!" But Vision was too weak to get away, and apart of him couldn't bring himself to leave.

His life was once again rescued by Katerina Orlova charging at Corvus Glaive at the right time, knocking him off his feet. She aided her fellow super soldier, giving him a hand up back to his feet.

"I thought you could do this all day." Katerina mocked lightly, Steve just chuckled defeatedly.

Their bonding was interrupted by Corvus Glaive returning to his feet, refusing to give up.

"Thanos will have your blood." He stated wickedly, grabbing his half broken spear and getting ready to launch it at the two super soldiers.

Katerina heroically stood in front of Steve Rogers, she knew that the world needed him more than they needed her. His death would be a loss to everybody. Hers would be a quick recovery.

But Katerina didn't need to defend anybody. With the strength Vision gathered, he grabbed one of the Wakandan tribal spears and stabbed Corvus Glaive straight through the heart. His large body fell to the floor with Vision, who was clutching his own waist.

"I thought I told you to go." Steve said to Vision, secretly grateful.

"We don't trade lives Captain." Vision whimpered.

Katerina gave him a grateful nod, surprised he was able to take down Glaive. By now many of the Avengers had made their way to Vision's side, all awaiting Thanos' arrival.

Wanda ran to Vision's side, holding his waist so he didn't collapse. Nat approached Steve, moving parts of his hair out his face and trying to give him a reassuring smile. She wanted to show him she wasn't scared, and that she knew they would win this. They always did. But something in her didn't feel right.

Yelena linked arms with Katerina, making sure she was okay. As much as she tried to focus on her wounded sister, she couldn't get her focus off Wanda, and how affectionate she was towards Vision. It was tearing her apart. She loved her so much, but she knew that for Wanda it would always be Vision.

By now Bucky, Hope and Okoye were by their side. No matter the cost, the Mind Stone had to be protected. Whatever it takes.

"You okay?" Bucky caressed Katerina's arm gently, making sure he wasn't hurting her. She gave him a wide smile and a reassuring pat on the back of his shoulder.

"I can't believe it's really come down to this." Yelena said sadly. Nat held her hand lovingly, giving her a weak smile. It's true, no one on the team had really thought it would get this far. Usually the enemy was taken care of by now.

Katerina felt uneasy in the pit of her stomach. She didn't see a good end to this. She couldn't bare lose anyone else, she knew she couldn't handle it. She wasn't afraid of Thanos, she was scared of what he might take away from her.