United We Stand

"Oh you've got to be shitting me. You!" Bucky Barnes remarked as he gazed upon Katerina Orlova. He immediately grabbed his gun, holding it up to her.

"You!" Katerina spat back, drawing her gun on him aswell.

"What the fuck is she doing here?!" Bucky almost yelled, fingers hovering over the trigger.

"How the hell do you guys know each other?!" Natasha and Steve yelled in sync.

"She tried to kill me!" Bucky exclaimed, glaring at Katerina.

"You tried to kill me!" Katerina replied, defensively.

"Buck, put your gun down." Steve urged, looking at Bucky sternly.

"You too, Katerina." Nat said making her way slowly to Katerina.

The two groaned as they put their guns away, clearly upset that they were to be working together.

"So. Why have we called a psychotic killer to help us defeat another psychotic killer?" Bucky said harshly, still glaring at Katerina.

"I could say the same about you, pal." Katerina smirked, leaning on the wall, enjoying how bothered Bucky was by her presence.

"She can't be trusted." Bucky snarled, and Katerina rolled her eyes at his comments.

"Oh for gods sake, Bucky. Get a grip. You both tried to kill me and you don't see me drawing my guns out on the two of you." Natasha exclaimed, irritated by the childish bickering. "Now can we focus please, you know, so we can all live." She said looking at Katerina and Bucky.

They barely looked at each other. The Avengers and the Wakandan's wondered how they could possibly work together without killing each other, if they couldn't even stand being side by side.

"I tell you what. Put aside your history for this mission, and when we defeat Thanos, I will personally ensure that you never see each other ever again." Natasha bargained.

"Sounds good to me." Katerina winked at Bucky. He just rolled his eyes and nodded at Steve, as a sign of approval.

The team got together ammunition and suits for the fight that was on its way, thinking about tactics and possible ways to defeat Thanos' children. They had to prepare for the unexpected.

Vision was still led wounded on the operating table in Shuri's lab, most of the team eagerly watching over him.

"We need to get that Stone out of his head." Katerina said to the others.

"Can you do it?" Wanda asked Shuri shakily, tears filling her eyes.

"Yes but there are more than 2 trillion neurones here. It'll take time brother." Shuri said looking to T'Challa.

"How long?" Steve asked Shuri, leaning on a chair.

"As long as you can give me." Shuri sighed. All of a sudden Okoye's defence system pinged, showing an energy signature coming from outside the protective dome.

"Something just entered the upper atmosphere." Okoye said worriedly.

The team looked out of the large glass windows to see several pods hurtling towards the ground, wiping out anything in its path. Vision tried to sit up off the table, wincing in pain.

"It's too late. We need to destroy the Stone now." Vision stated.

"Vision get your ass back on the table." Nat said walking over to help him sit back down.