I Am The Almighty

5 August,2021
Seoul Yangcheon Police station,
Mokdongdong-ro, South Korea.

Lieutenant Park Chanyeol looks at his wrist watch while yawning. It already 8.35 am. The morning shift changing is always busier in police station. Through the glass wall of his office room he can watch the bright faces of his colleagues who has joined in morning duty. But Chanyeol's thing is bit different. The scattered pages of different evidence reports and disposable cups of coffees are indicating how stressful the night was!

The case on which right now he is working is getting complicated day by day. Why it won't be?

After all it's a serial killing case!!!

Chanyeol takes his overcoat and umbrella from corner of his office room and locks the door. He steps towards the main door. Right now his only and only goals of life are to take a warm shower and have a sleep up to evening after taking breakfast.

Chanyeol steps towards his car while walking over the stagnant water of road. Last night ,it rained cats and dog; and it's still drizzling....

____________________

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

I don't like such days with rain. I don't know why people like days with rain, but it's kind of nasty. My shoe is now wet and I don't like this feeling. The wet socks will make my foot to itch soon. I turn my car towards the road leading to my home. Honestly I was never agreed to have home at such a distance,but Baekhyun wanted. The scope of my own opinion inour married life is so rare. Actually it's not like Baekhyun dominates me,but I am owed to him for a lot of things happened in my recent life.

Relationship is complicated thing after all... Even with Kyungsoo,it was complicated.

Nowadays I am thinking complicatedly about my life, especially relationship things... I am a police officer working in crime branch and thinking complicated is part of my job. But I never thought my own life can turn into such complications.

I should not do that....

I should not call Kyungsoo to join the crime branch of Yangcheon,Seoul. I thought I had left traces of my past behind. Thinking about him didn't make my heart to flutter. I thought my feelings for him doesn't exist anymore. And I can balance between my family & profession.

But from the time he came, everything is not seeming happening like before.

All these started to happen about 6 months back. It was an immediate call to attend an crime scene investigation under a bridge of a developing area near Mokdongdong-ro. There was a dead body covered with mud under the bridge...

I don't know why it reminded me the same event that happened about 4 years back,when I and Kyungsoo used to work under Gyeongsang police station far away from Seoul,a remote village area of South Korea.

I linked this murder with an forgetting case happened 5 years back. I am a influencial lieutenant in Seoul. Not only for winning awards few times as an ideal police officer and heroic action against female abuser,but also I am the only son-in-law of the former police commissioner ,Byun Dong Geun...

When I requested the police officer who was worked on this old case,none could understand whom I was calling to attend under the crime branch.

D.O. Kyungsoo,my ex-lover came to one of the most demanding crime branch station of South Korea under my recommendation.

And right now we are working on the serial killing case. I think this case is kind of related with rain
Rain is one of the fact that's helping the serial killer to wash away evidences... But I hope, last night was not eventful for the wanted serial killer.