Pavel X Reader #2

(Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Fluff)

-

Trouble in paradise...

You feel like you're on top of the world. Nothing can stand in your way! But everything takes a sudden tumble downhill and your heart shatters into a million pieces, disappearing from the world for a little while. There's only one thing that can heal your broken heart... one man...

(2156 words)

Location: Cayo Perico

"This is it, Kapitan! You are almost home." Pavel told with a smile on his face, before continuing. "Now, head towards the Main Dock and you'll be back at the sub in no time... and be careful out there!"

The girl nodded in affirmation, though it went unnoticed as she was merely hearing Pavel's voice through her earpiece. She weaved her way through the long grass, the bag on her back bouncing with her movements as she neared the Dock. With the private compound now far behind her, the girl narrowed her eyes, eager to leave the island with the exquisite goods she had liberated.

"Alright," She muttered, glancing about her surroundings, "Just a few more guards to take out and we're getting out of here."

She concealed herself behind a building, peeping her head around the corner and seeing a guard standing alone, highly prone to an unsuspecting attack. She raised her rifle to the head of the guard, tapping the trigger, smirking as she watched his body fall limp to the ground, thick blood draining from his skull rapidly. Though just as she was going to make a swift step into the open, the sound of a cocking weapon made her turn on her heel. She gulped, fear immediately washing over her as she stared with wide eyes. A guard had sneaked up on her, the barrel of his shotgun practically shoved in her face. The girl barely had time to surrender as the stock of the weapon was swung towards her at an alarming speed.

--

In a trice, erratic crackling emitted from his earpiece, signalling that the line had been cut off abruptly. Pavel paused for a moment, his eyes widening. Desperately he tried to reconnect with his counterpart, panicking as he fiddled with numerous buttons, calling out her name all the while. But to no avail, his earpiece soon transmitted nothing but utter silence.