Chapter 4.

-Seattle, Washington. 1973-

MARY JANE MILLER

"Red! This life was made for me!" Ryders voice is loud in my ear, the music vibrating the ground under our feet as we stand in the thousands upon thousands of people.

"Remember why we're here sunshine, don't get too caught up. We're only a day in" I remind him, my voice loud in his ear as he bends down a little listening to me.

"Chillax! Nothing suspicious has happened, I don't think he did it" He nods towards Harry who's dancing up on stage, his head thrown back as his arms move in sync to the song.

Niall shreds on the guitar in the back in front of Alfie who sits on a small platform at the very back, hammering on the drums as beer flies up from the set, he pours more on between songs — its his signature move I've learned from seeing them for the first time last year.

"We can't rule him out just yet, please stay focused — we need to get that poor bloke some justice and Harry was the fuzz's only suspect. The bastard has so much money he basically paid them off to not work the case." My voice is loud as I keep my eye on Harry who seems to be getting off on the attention he's getting.

"I don't know blossom, why would some millionaire rock star need to murder someone?" Ryder speaks before cheering behind me when they finish a song, the crowd going wild as Harry shakes up a bottle of beer, taking the cap off with his teeth and shaking it out all over the crowd getting off on the screams he receives for it.

"Why does anyone murder? There's never any motive sometimes. Fame does weird things to people" I lean back on his shoulder as we talk, our eyes glued to the stage but keeping our eyes on Harry as he speaks to the crowd like he always does between songs.

"You're right. Let's just try and enjoy ourselves though okay? It's not every day you get to wake up in a motel and go party like crazy till the next morning!" He exclaims as I laugh shaking my head knowing he's right, he's always right when it comes to these things.

"I know, please tell me if you see anything suspicious though, we can't afford to fuck up the plan. We could be next if it's him" Ryder laughs kissing my head resting his arms around my waist holding me close to him.

"Don't worry I will" he mumbles against my cheek as he pecks it before resting his cheek on the side of my head swaying me side to side with him to the song that's being sung by Harry.

TJ and Amy are backstage, they chose to watch from the side lines because they found out we can have any snacks we want back there. Me and Ryder decided to be in the crowd, we want to soak up every moment of this tour type situation we can get. Even if we are trying to sort out a mystery in between everything else.

We've been with the band for a day and I've had a good time, when I'm not sniffing out clues and trying to get something out of Harry or his boys. None of them crack when their drunk or high, it's seeming very unlikely they will accidentally admit to anything, which is what I expected.

Harry seems to get more needy and sleepy when high than anything else. He tends to sit next to you, smush his head into the crook of your neck and leave little kisses whispering sweet nothings into your ear or small jokes he finds way too funny. He's a kind and needy high person while I'm more chilled, the rest are just wild — especially Niall and Ryder, they are the same exact person.

We watch on as Harry and the band finish their stage time, they wave and do their poses for the cameras that will plaster their faces on posters and newspapers in the morning. The crowd is electric as they run off backstage, they chant for more but they get more hyped up when a new musician walks out, and I'm ecstatic too because the surprise guest the festival managers mentioned is no other than Elton fucking John himself.