Chapter 17.

— Utica, New York. 1973 —

MARY JANE MILLER

"I swear you're like some sort of fabric god"

"Are you immune to needle pricks?"

"Woah! You hand sewed that in seconds!"

Niall is like a child discovering that sewing is a thing next to me, his mouth agape as he watches me for the hundredth time but every single time he's always amazed — like a puppy all giddy and cute.

I'm currently sat in my dim hotel room, the only thing lighting my way is candles that Niall happily lit — of course he burned his finger on the matches first — as Amy sits on my bed happily meditating as usual, her crystals around her as she breathes in the lavender fumes from the candles calming us all and making us happy.

"What's she doing? Looks like she's going to start levitating" Niall whispers in my ear, his eyes trained on Amy cross legged on the bed, her hands on her thighs as she breathes in and out deeply.

"... she's chanting now, what the fuck?! She's gonna summon something or someone!" He adds slapping my arm as I immediately slap him back for moving the fabric under the sewing machine.

"She's cleansing her aura, be quiet" I say in a whisper, his eyes filled with confusion as he darts his gaze between me and Amy whispering her positive affirmations under her breath.

"What's all the pretty coloured rocks for? Seen some of them before but — never thought they actually work" he whispers next to me as I smile gently pressing down on the pedal of the machine to not make too much noise for Amy.

"They're crystals, she has many — one for positive energy, one for optimism, one for harmonising, one for sincerity, one for healing, one for luck and one for love" I say in a hush, listing off the crystals Amy holds close to her daily.

"Wow, they must work because she's always so calm and happy — would they work on me?" He asks shyly as I stop the machine and take out the sewn fabric and folding it up neatly.

"They work on everyone, you just have to believe in them for them to work — if you give out positive energy towards them, they'll repay you" I smile as he nods, watching Amy carefully as she sits surrounded in her crystals mumbling her usual affirmations to cleanse her aura which she does every two weeks.

"This room is very comforting, would it be weird if I passed out on your floor? I feel like I'm about to fall asleep just sitting here" he says with a lazy laugh, his eyes hooded and his under eye bags dark as usual — he doesn't sleep much, Harry doesn't either.

"Why sleep on the floor when there's a bed right there shamrock? You're always welcome here" I smile as he leans over to kiss my cheek resting his forehead on it afterwards.

"You're an Angel, we don't deserve you" I smile at his words, running my fingers through his hair as he sighs happily feeling my touch and my comfort towards him — I don't think he gets this often.

We're pulled from our small comfort moment when Amy shuffles around on the bed, the sounds of her collecting her crystals and popping them into her silk draw string bag as we watch her with a smile, her eyes hooded from her almost sleep state when she was meditating.

"Feeling good darling?" She nods at my words, straightening out her night gown as she stands up walking towards me, placing a peck on my lips and joining in mine and Niall's small hug, her arm on Niall's back and her head resting on mine while she runs her fingers over mine and Niall's back in comfort.