Chapter 16.

— Bay Area, California. 2021. Undisclosed Location. —

HARRY STYLES

"He's waking up, get more oxygen into him"

My body feels heavy, like I'm being held down by rocks on my feet, my head barely above water as I gasp to try and find some air. But sometimes, I wish there never was air.

I wish they never used the oxygen tanks on me when I come back, maybe if I died in this reality I could survive in the other and they would have no way of bringing me back.

I know that would never happen, fuck, they make sure I'm back here when they need me, no matter where I am, when I hear Rob's voice I know I'm being put back here — but it's not just me who goes through this, if any person in my other reality gets suspicious, they're here too, no matter how hard I try to not have them go through what I do, they always do — and it's heartbreaking to see.

"Fuck you" they're the only words I tend to mumble when I wake up and realise where I am, when I hear the beeping of every machine hooked up to me and not hooked up to me, that warm sunny feeling gone, replaced with cold and dark miserable feelings. I just want to be back in the sunshine, with my sweets.

"Second subject is awakening"

I squeeze my eyes shut at the words that come out of their mouth, my body tensing up and ready to explode with anger as I wait to hear who's laying next to me, who's machine is beeping along with mine and who's desperately trying to breathe as they get taken into this modern reality with me.

"Subject two is named Taylor James Mayfield, this is his second time here — he may freak out"

I open my eyes and lull my head to the side to look at him, his eyes opening and his body laid out on the bed, his usual attire still on him, his bare chest covered with wires and monitors. He looks really sedated — Rob must of had to give him extra doses to keep him calm.

"Ah, look who decided to open his eyes!"

I turn my head back and look up to see him smiling above me, his dark hair and his usual eyeliner making his eyes more dark in the dim light of the room they keep all their subjects in — like some science experiments.

"Get this thing off me and send me back — now!" I shout into the oxygen mask, my hands weak as I try to pry it off my face.

"We just want to ask you a few questions Styles, don't worry — we'll send you back" he smiles, his silver tooth showing on his top row of teeth.

What a dickhead.

"I'm not answering shit, send me back!" I shout as I hear TJ trying to move also, his hushed shouts in his own mask as the paramedics try to strap him back down and get him to talk calmly.

"Look at him! Look at the two of us! What are we fucking guinea pigs for your pleasure?! To experiment on us like we're lab rats?!" I shout finally sitting up and ripping the mask off me, he waves off the guards who try and fight me back down.

"We never wanted to include some of your friends in this Harry, but it's not our fault they get suspicious — maybe try and not murder people?" He asks evilly, his smile filled with mischief and demonic looking.

"I'm not murdering anyone and you know that, it's you and your little minions being sent in to kill them and hopefully get me killed in there so I can't go back — don't twist this on me" I shout through gritted teeth as I hear TJ struggle beside me to speak, his mask still on his face as Jack raises an eyebrow at me.