Chapter 21.

— San Antonio, Texas. 1973 —

MARY JANE MILLER

Dear my beloved Mary Jane,

I know what you're thinking, why is this bastard writing me a letter? And I would think the same thing, only I know I'm not a bastard — sometimes.

I wanted to tell you all this in person, but as I've come to discover recently; time isn't my friend, and it won't wait for me to catch up.

I'll try to explain this in the easiest way possible, you may need to sit down sweets, I'm about to blow your fucking mind.

Five years ago I signed up for a scientific experiment. It was an experiment created by an old scientist, he left the ideas in a book for when he passed, and when he did, his son took over the responsibility for this experiment.

This experiment takes place in the modern day; 2021 to be exact. I know what you're thinking, how the hell could that even happen? The easiest way I could put it is that I'm a time traveller, I'm not from the 70s, heck I wasn't even born before the 70s.

I was put into this world that you're living in through drugs that were lab tested and curated especially for the experiment. Rob is from the modern world, as is Jesse, TJ and Lilah. I was only put in here to bring back information to the outside world, but I got caught up in this lifestyle and I never wanted to leave.

As the deadline of five years comes to a close, that means I have to return, don't worry; I took TJ and Lilah far away from here to be safe, they'll be back with you soon.

Midnight tonight is when I have to leave with Jesse and Rob, but don't get upset, I'll be back with you soon.

All my love and kisses, H x

"They just left?" Ryder asks looking at me, his eyes scanning the page Harry left as I sit on his bed wrapped in one of his cardigans.

"Yeah, what do we do now?" I ask sighing as Ryder shakes his head with a shrug.

"We find them" Niall says from the door, Alfie beside him as me and Ryder look at him with a confused look.

"Why? He said everything's fine" Ryder says shoving the paper in Niall's face, Niall nearly ripping the paper from his hand when Ryder nearly shoves it up his nose.

"Harry just says it's fine, do you realise what exactly is going to happen at midnight tonight?" Niall asks as Alfie looks down at his boots — the two of them already aware of what was happening this whole time.

"Harry will leave, but then he's trying to get back in here; the machine he'll use is a life or death situation, he has a slim chance of surviving it" Niall admits as my eyes well up, my head shaking as Ryder widens his eyes.

"Fuck me, didn't know it was that serious!" He exclaims as Niall rolls his eyes grabbing Ryder's keys from the bed and tossing them at him.

"You're driving, let's get a move on, we need to stop him" Niall says walking out the door, Alfie following him as me and Ryder almost fall out the door trying to catch up with the two.

Niall herds us all into Ryder's yellow van, me sat in the back with Alfie as Niall sits up front to give Ryder directions using Harry's journal where he documented every singe detail of the last five years apparently — when I said I wanted an adventurous life, I didn't mean this.