03 ; pear-haired boy

yeosang couldn't deny it; this was certainly one of the worst ideas he'd ever had.

but as he followed the pear-haired boy, at an awfully slow pace in an attempt to stay quiet, he felt no regrets.

it only emerged on yeosang now how odd the situation was — wooyoung was his best friend, who told him every single detail about his life, whether it was needed or not. so for him to hide something as minor as who he hung out with, especially when he took pride in the relationships he had with the people around him, was definitely suspicious. or, at least, in yeosang's eyes it was.

for what seemed like the twentieth time, the pear-haired boy turned a corner. yeosang stayed stationary for a couple of seconds, before mirroring his steps, just like he'd been doing for the past few minutes.

the pear-haired's cries had now come to an end, only a few sniffles coming from him, featuring a barely audible whimper occasionally. at the broken sounds, yeosang felt the need to reveal himself and hold the latter in his arms, all while reassuring him that everything will turn out okay, that wooyoung will come back to them.

however, his best friend had never mentioned a word about the pear-haired boy. yeosang trusted wooyoung more than anyone on planet earth, so after taking that into account, he mentally promised himself to not get involved with the mysterious male.

the floorboards underneath yeosang's feet creaked.

his eyes widened in fear, but in the next two seconds, his body was crouching behind a cabinet by the side of the corridor, his back pressed up against the wood. fuck.

panting heavily, yeosang refused to move a single bone in his body. in his head, he counted to ten, before taking the risk and leaning his head to the side. he peered from behind the cabinet he was hidden behind, only to be met with an empty hallway, no pear-haired boy in sight.

shit, where did he go? yeosang asked himself, silently getting back up on his feet. no, no, no, i didn't do this for nothing, where is he?

yeosang raced down the long corridor, peeking into the doors of every room it lead to. the plan to stay quiet in order to avoid being caught as borderline stalker had slipped from his mind, yet he wasn't exactly bothered by it; he just needed to find out everything he possibly could about wooyoung's disappearance, even if it meant backing the pear-haired boy to a wall and forcing him to spill what his deal was with his best friend.

even though yeosang had not even a crumb of evidence to be putting the blame on the boy, it seemed like the only logical answer. and that's all that he wanted at that moment: an answer as to who was behind all of this.

heaving out a drained breath, yeosang paused at the last door. it was the bathroom, yet it was dead silent, no signs of anyone being in ther—

the sound of water rushing down, followed with the ugly gurgling of the school drains met yeosang's ears. the tap was then being closed, prompting him to move and make a run for it, because despite his previous determined thoughts, he didn't want to be caught.

although knowing nothing about him, the pear-haired boy didn't seem like someone he should mess with.

what stopped yeosang from ditching his plan, though, was the dial of a phone. the male behind the door was calling someone. after a few moments of the device ringing, the call was lead to voicemail. "the number you are trying to reach right now isn't available. if you want to leave a message, press—"

the robotic voice vanished, and was replaced with another, trembling and afraid. "w-wooyoung?"

yeosang felt his heartbeat quicken, his head whirling with questions. he pressed his ear to the door of the bathroom to hear the pear-haired boy clearer.