24 ; two can play at that game

t/w: violence and blood

———

hurrying closer toward the wrecked figure, yeosang noticed the way wooyoung's eyes crinkled up into a smile. that was all it took for him to beam, too.

because the eyes only a ruler's-length away from yeosang belonged to none other than the boy who loyally remained by his shoulder since the very first, troublesome days of kindergarten; he wouldn't ever want it to be anyone else.

however, wooyoung's eyebrows quickly pinched together into a frown, leaving yeosang to pick up the issue. right. we need to get out of here, now.

momentarily surveying wooyoung's state, yeosang leant forward, hands twitching as his fingertips tucked underneath the thick, duct tape plastered over, like, half of the younger's face. he screwed his eyes shut cowardly when he ripped it off, the atmosphere mimicking the harsh sound.

allowing himself vision again, yeosang was met with wooyoung's doe eyes, his mouth dropped open slightly. the older figured he couldn't believe this, either.

"h-hey." wooyoung winced through the sheer agony of uttering just the short syllable.

gaze pursuing wooyoung's features, yeosang stayed silent. he didn't know what to say, the deep gashes and swollen lumps of skin residing upon every inch of his best friend's face brutally ripping his heart out of his chest.

"no shit, i look a right mess," wooyoung remarked, "now, help me out."

this only made the situation more unreal. because this was his wooyoung, the wooyoung yeosang knew, loved and missed ever so much... this was actually happening.

"fuck, sorry, i just..." yeosang trailed off, before shuffling over to one of wooyoung's chained arms, lip caught in his teeth.

"there's some, like, humungous fucking bricks down there," stated wooyoung as if he could read yeosang's blank mind, his head nodding towards the other side of the room.

"oh... uh, thanks." baring a small smile, yeosang got up in search for the supposed humungous fucking bricks wooyoung had mentioned. just as he thought he'd spotted the shape of something in the distance, hurried footsteps came into his hearing.

it certainly couldn't have been wooyoung, for the torturous state he was in wouldn't be enough for him to even stand up straight, the thought causing yeosang's breath to hitch.

he paused in his tracks, conflicted on whether he should prioritise getting wooyoung and himself out of here, or keeping hidden from jongho. unfortunately, the building wasn't that big, therefore it was only a matter of time for them to get caught anyway.

"i know you're here somewhere, sang."

although yeosang was merely just standing, he froze in terror.

"y-yeo?" it was wooyoung's voice this time,  wavering nervously. "yeosang, y-you're still there, right? please, i c-can't—"

"oh, shut up," jongho intervened, and yeosang snapped back to reality. wooyoung. wooyoung needs me. "thank god we decided to shut you up, you sound pathetic," the brunette continued, the insult that passed his lips so casually making yeosang want to be sick, finally stepping out of the darkness.