21 ; three's a crowd

yeosang whined, agitated at the constant knocks his poor front door had been enduring for the past thirty seconds, or so. detaching his lips from jongho's, unwillingly, he muttered, "who the hell is that?"

the brunette laughed lightly at yeosang's struggles to untangle their bodies, hand reaching out to pat down his dishevelled, strawberry-blond hair. "can't your mother just get it?"

"unfortunately not." yeosang sighed, finally out of jongho's hold. "do i look alright?"

jongho furrowed his eyebrows questionably. "who're you tryna impress that isn't me?"

"god, you're so annoying." defeatedly, yeosang left jongho's side and headed to his mirror; upon noticing that the younger's work on his hair was good for nothing, he tidied it up himself and once he was satisfied enough with his appearance, he raced down the stairs.

swinging his front door open exhaustedly, yeosang's mood found a spark of joy at the face before him. "hey, san, what are you—"

interrupting yeosang, the pear-haired boy's eyes widened as if he'd seen something he wasn't meant to, "oh, fuck, are y'all busy? 'cause, you look, uhm... pretty preoccupied with each other right now..."

the entertained snicker coming from behind yeosang explained san's frantic rambling, causing him to shake his head vigorously. "what- no, nothing like that! are you—" harshly dragging san inside by his arm, yeosang peered through the ajar kitchen door, the empty room causing a sigh of relief to pass his lips. "what the fuck, san! my mom could've heard you, then what?!"

san just shrugged his shoulders carelessly. "then she looks forward to her grandchildren, of cour—"

yeosang clasped a hand over san's mouth, shooting him daggers, before very cautiously lowering said-hand. "suck a dick, choi san," yeosang snarled, eyes rolling to the back of his head in irritation.

"awh, thanks for you considerate wishes, i'm glad y'all have made up, though!"

"you're fucking ridiculous." yeosang turned to jongho, groaning in annoyance, deliberately for the younger's pity. "how do i kick a guest out without feeling like shit about it afterwards?"

jongho's melodic laughter chimed into the air, as san reasoned, "not until your best friend is back, thanks so much."

and the playful mood in the atmosphere shifted as easily as that.

"didn't we fuck the chances of that up, though?" yeosang chuckled through his disappointment.

san sighed, the sadness laced within his voice prominent. "well, yeah, sort of, but- i-i just wanted someone to hang out with and since yun is working right now and woo is... you know, i only have you guys so, uhm..."

yeosang shared a quick glance with jongho, beofre hesitantly nearing san and giving his arm a short squeeze. "we aren't against that idea... are we, jongho?" after, well, pretty much everything that had happened recently, yeosang only felt it was fair to consider the brunette's opinion, too.

jongho shuffled in his spot awkwardly. "yeah, i guess."

"you can say no if you want t—"

jongho interrupted san before he could even finish, "i know. and that doesn't change my answer."

grateful, yeosang sent jongho an appreciative smile, mouthing a quick thank you towards him. the younger just shook his head to express that it was nothing, before yeosang tugged gently on san's arm. "is my room okay?"