31 ; it'll be alright

t/w: slight mention of eating struggles

———

fist repeatedly meeting the door to apartment 1117, yeosang exhaled a deep breath — much-needed after all that walking — as faint footsteps skipping against the ground met his ears.

door swinging open, san beamed with joy. "good morning, yeosangie!"

"morning, san," yeosang returned, taking note of the extra notch of enthusiasm within his voice.

from behind san, a slightly shorter figure came into view, hands resting atop of his shoulders. "hi, yeo," wooyoung greeted, giggling at a bouncy san. "sannie's really excited for today, if you couldn't already tell."

stepping inside san's apartment, yeosang smiled. "i figured. do you not like your green, sannie?"

the male had taken time out of the few previous weeks to understand san's little space a little more, for he felt it necessary if they were going to spend so much time together due to one another's relation with wooyoung. and in result, yeosang and san have grown much closer with the older's appreciative efforts, naturally causing them to become more comfortable around each other, also.

"not that, sannie does like green! jus' excited for new hair!" san explained, bouncing up and down on his toes.

"cutie," wooyoung muttered with an endeared smile, ruffling the little's hair as he shuffled past him to return to his toast. "have you eaten breakfast, yeo?"

"yeah," yeosang lied without thinking. he didn't want to, he just knew wooyoung well enough to not expect a meal in front of him if he answered otherwise; his appetite simply wasn't up for it today.

san waddled off towards the kitchen, too, yeosang assuming it to be for wooyoung's sake. they seriously were the clingiest pair he'd ever seen in his lifetime.

"you speak to your mom yet?" wooyoung asked, gulping down a bite of his food.

yeosang saw the question coming ever since he'd brought it up the last time they were together, yet he still wished to magically evaporate upon the words leaving wooyoung's lips. "yeah, uhm..." yeosang paused, the sound of his words being replaced by san's shuffling in the meantime.

his mother didn't exactly react the best when he'd appeared on her doorstep without any notice — but then again, in what universe would she? — firstly expressing her sadness over yeosang's sporadic decision to temporarily move out, rather than just speaking things out with her. however, once her nagging came to an end, there was only so much she could complain about, after all, she finally addressed the elephant in the room.

it was almost as if yeosang's mother expected him to see right through a person's evil motives as soon as having met them with the way she was talking; yeosang didn't mention it at the time, but he figured it to be hypocritical considering the only thing he'd heard from her growing up was to let people in, as that was the only way he'd find someone other than wooyoung to rely on.

asides from the fact that all yeosang wanted to do was scream about the fact that he didn't intend for this to happen, and that it wasn't only her who was paranoid to live on after the situation, his mother was surprisingly calm about it all.

she didn't throw a fit or two over the things yeosang didn't want to hear, and he appreciated that.

"it didn't go bad," yeosang finally answered. "well, obviously, she wasn't gonna just ignore what happened, even though i would've liked it, but she took the details a lot better than i expected."