13 ; making up

four, rapid days had passed since yeosang had heard from san. he hadn't even seen the boy around in school, and it also seemed like he wasn't attending his classes either, for the seat at the very back corner of yeosang's maths class had only been empty over the time being.

quite frankly, yeosang occasionally caught himself being worried about san, but after jongho's many attempts in getting through to him that the pear-haired most likely just needed some time to himself after the argument that had broken out, he grew to believe that san wasn't purposely avoiding them. despite it being selfish of him, yeosang preferred that option; it made him feel like less of an awful person.

right now yeosang and jongho were heading to biology — unfortunately the only lesson they shared with one another — the older of the two needing to head to his locker first to pick up his necessary books for the subject.

joining his friend on the way there, jongho was ranting about a mess one of his siblings had made the evening prior. he does this quite often, yeosang noticed, whose head bobbed up and down as a nod now and then to show that he was still listening.

mindlessly swinging the door to his locker open, yeosang's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. his hand reached out for the small piece of paper slotted within the clutter that was the unorganised clutter of his school notebooks, observing it with caution.

"what's that you have, sang?" jongho then asked, halting the story he was telling due to the curiosity rising in him.

"i... don't know," yeosang said, momentarily looking up at the brunette with puzzled eyes. "it can't be harmful, though..." therefore, with an encouraging nod from jongho, yeosang fumbled to unfold the paper, his gaze skimming the words which were scruffily written against it.

be at the library at break time. jongho can tag along too if you feel more comfy that way - s.

yeosang lifted his head, instantly met with jongho's questioning gaze. sighing, he answered what he supposed was brewing up within the latter's mind, "it's from san."

jongho's eyes widened in sheer shock, but before he could express his opinion on the brief information given, yeosang had begun making his way to their next class. after hurriedly catching up to his friend, jongho scoffed. "don't act like you're in a hurry for fucking science. but whatever, what exactly did san say?"

the hesitation on yeosang's features were evident; therefore with a small smile, jongho placed an arm around the other's shoulder, who suddenly felt comfortable enough to elaborate, "he-he wants to meet up... you're allowed to come, too, he says, but i just... i don't know..."

"isn't it a good thing that he wants to make up?" jongho tilted his head to the side. "i thought that's what you wanted so... what's troubling you, hm, sang?"

yeosang bit his lip. "maybe i'm just thinking too much into this, but something has to be wrong for him to reach out to us again, r-right?"

"i mean... there could be, yeah."

"and why are we even talking to him in the first place?" yeosang continued, not even waiting for an answer, "wooyoung. s-so..."

"sang..." jongho stopped in his tracks, the arm around yeosang causing him to mirror his movement. spinning the older around by his shoulders, jongho gently placed his arms on them, looking right into yeosang's tear-filled eyes.

"i understand why you're worried. yes, i was never there to witness the friendship that you and wooyoung had, but you were best friends from childhood, i have no doubt that you were close. it makes complete sense, i know, but i hate to see you worrying... and as long as someone is out there looking for him, even if it is a dysfunctional ass trio like us, you don't have to be," jongho assured, lifting his hand up to discard of the few tears that had escaped from yeosang's eyes.