19 ; celebrate for you

yeosang's cellphone from besides him chimed, his eyes flickering over to see he'd received a text. excitedly, he slid his headphones down from his ears so that it sat around his neck, pausing his game, before reaching out for the device. finally jongho's answered me, yeosang assumed, since the boy was meant to come over soon, a smile tugging at his lips due to the thought of him.

unlike his expectations, however, the message wasn't from his brunette friend.

choi san
uhm hey yeosang?

me
hey san
what's the matter?

despite jongho and san still being on bad terms — for what seemed like the hundredth fucking time — yeosang had decided that he wouldn't lose contact with the pear-haired boy this time, even if the previous only lasted a few days. therefore, although the three of them hadn't hung out over the past week, the small smiles shared whenever yeosang and san caught sight of one another around at school were more than anything to make sure they were alright, at least.

the two weren't plotting anything for now, yet they had each other's support if the possibility of either of them needing it ever came to light.

choi san
can i come over??

me
sure if it's smth important
just a heads up tho, jonghos coming over soon

choi san
oh lmao
guess i'll just have to put up w ur boyfriend's hatred for me then 🧚‍♀️

me
we aren't boyfriends but ig so

choi san
yet*

yeosangs cheeks dusted a light pink, causing him to internally cuss out the male on the other side of the phone, and attempt to end their conversation as soon as possible.

me
whatever i'll see you when you get here

choi san
YET***
oops sorry autocorrect! 😊

me
i could always just not answer the door and leave you out in the cold yk? 😊

choi san
fine since u want to be single forever so bad
see u in a few, totally not jonghos bf!!

just then, as yeosang's finger hovered over the switch at the side of his phone, the device buzzed again, the contact which popped up at the top of his screen rising a grin to his features.

jjong :)
i'm sorry pretty but i cant come over tonight

and just as quick as it came, yeosang's expression fell.

me
what why???

jjong :)
something came up and i really can't miss it
i'm so sorry

me
no its alr don't stress
sans coming over anyway so i'll be fine

jjong :)
san?

maybe it was petty of yeosang to rub that piece of information in jongho's face, especially in the way he did, but he was too saddened in that moment to care a single bit. the younger's company meant everything to him, so for him to ditch their plans so abruptly last minute? man, it felt like shit.