11 ; illegal

the motorcycle rumbled lowly, before coming to a complete stop when jongho switched the engine off, parking by the end of the street. the night sky stretched out above the trio, a few stars here and there, as the two at the back of the vehicle hopped off.

"everyone's familiar with the plan, yeah?" san made sure, sweeping a hand through his slightly tousled hair caused by the light wind on the way here.

"yep. what about you, sang?"

yeosang nodded his head to assure the two, wiping his clammy hands over the fabric of his sweatpants. he was anxious, for being in a situation like this was completely new to him. hell, even lying to his mother about where he was heading made him feel terrible; all he could do about it was remind himself that this was for wooyoung's sake. whatever the outcome of the night may be, it's for his very best friend.

"you sure?" san questioned, head cocked to the side a bit. "remember you don't need to do this—"

"san, stop. i-i do. trust me, i do, i just- yes, i'm a little nervous, but that doesn't change the fact that i want to do this."

san smiled. "okay. i believe you."

"sang?" jongho then inquired, reaching out to slip his hand in the latter's. "please... be careful. by the looks of it, san knows what he's doing, so just listen to whatever he tells you to do, okay?"

the lack of light in the surrounding area hid the colour rising to yeosang's cheeks, caused by both the affection he was recieving and by jongho's concerned tone. "mhm, i will. don't worry about me."

"hate to be a cockblock but are y'all done yet?" san butted into the ongoing conversation. "we can't be wasting any time."

after giving jongho's hand a short, reassuring squeeze, yeosang turned to san, purposely ignoring the boy's immature remark. "let's do this."

the pear-haired boy grinned at yeosang's confidence, more than glad to hear it, before beginning to lead the way. the older rushed to follow san, who's fingers wrapped around his wrist once he was close enough.

"we need to stay quiet," san warned, taking a quick glance at yeosang, before fixating his attention back to his surroundings. "also, uhm, i'm not sure if they have motion sensors, or not..."

"oh... but if there are motion sensors?" yeosang questioned, fright mingled within his hushed voice.

san sighed. "we'll just have to be careful."

the two shortly made it to the convenience store. the building was closed, its white shutters reflecting a shadow of the opposite street, and contrasted immensely to how busy it was during the usual day. only a few streetlights and passing vehicles brightened up the area, but even so, yeosang could barely make out the outline of the store.

san abruptly turned the corner, much to yeosang's surprise, his eyebrows knitting together. just listen to whatever he tells you to do; jongho's words rung repeatedly in the boy's ears, causing him to shove his confusion to the side and instead, follow the younger to the back of the shop.

reassuring yeosang that he had nothing to worry about was san nearing a door that came into view, pulling what looked to be a hairclip out of his pocket.

so he does know what he's doing, yeosang thought to himself, finding a small ounce of trust within him for the pear-haired boy. he was helping them find wooyoung, after all, how could he not?

san pushed the pin into the lock, twisting it at a certain angle, and just like that the door swung open.

"i won't ask why you know how to do that," yeosang commented at what, to him, was something like a scene out of a film.