23 ; betrayal

t/w: mentions of violence and abuse

———

decembers were always chilly. but at ten in the night, the cold was almost unbearable; if it wasn't for jongho's body heat radiating onto him, yeosang might as well have dug a grave for himself then and there.

yeosang slightly loosened his grip on jongho's waist, as the motorcycle slowed down into a dark driveway. in the distance, he could make out the shadow of a vast building, behind it clusters of mundane trees towering over it. the hundredth shiver ran through yeosang's body,  yet he doubted it was from just the cold this time.

it's okay. you're gonna find wooyoung, then leave. it's simple, he convinced himself — or tried to, at least.

hopping off of the vehicle with a shaky breath, yeosang lifted his helmet from his head, instinctively passing it over to jongho as it always went.

"you okay, my pretty?"

the ghost of a smile finding his lips, yeosang nodded. "a lil nervous, though..."

"that's understandable, don't beat yourself up for it, hm?" jongho insisted, his hand gravitating towards the back of yeosang's head, stroking the soft locks lightly.

"'kay, i-i'll try," yeosang answered nervously, despite contemplating whether or not this was even worth it. was san just trying to fuck with them? yeosang wouldn't brush aside the chances. "jjong... do you think we should even trust this?"

lip caught in between his lip, jongho looked away. "well... you do want wooyoung back, don't you?"

"why is that even a question?" yeosang snorted ridiculously. "of course. i'd do anything to have him back... anything."

"that answers your question, then, doesn't it?"

"yeah... yeah, i guess it does."

but almost as if he could see right through yeosang, jongho took ahold of his hands, smoothing his thumbs over his knuckles. "whatever happens, sang, i'll be right there. okay?"

"p-promise?" yeosang mustered out in an ashamed mumble.

however, jongho didn't react negatively towards the latter's insecurity like he had expected. "i promise you," he, instead, vowed, gaze tender.

yeosang nodded his head, surely this time. "okay."

and the next thing he knew he was being swept off of his feet into a heart-melting kiss, one that reached all the way down to his toes and back. loosely slipping his arms around his shoulders, yeosang savoured jongho's taste, jongho's touch, and simply just jongho's presence so close to his own. just in case something ought to happen. just in case.

a giddly giggle slipping past his lips as their lips detached, yeosang nuzzled his tomato-red face into the warm crook of jongho's neck. sighing in delight, he pulled away, meeting the content smile on jongho's lips.

"what?" yeosang softly asked, wishing to know what was on the younger's mind.

"just so happy with you," jongho answered in a whisper, as if the words were way too fragile to be heard by anyone that wasn't yeosang. and it somehow made the moment even more intimate than it already was.

yeosang failed in muffling back his blissful grin. "you must be pretty lucky, then, 'cause i feel the exact same way."

softly, jongho chuckled. "cutie. think we should go now, or not?"