08 ; criminal records

t/w: panic attack

———

the cool air brushed against yeosang's skin, after he'd swerved through the hallways of students and made his way outside. the school grounds weren't anything special, really, only consisting of a row of benches to sit and a few trees crowded together by one end, the only source of shelter in the area.

"hey, sang?!" yeosang spun around eagerly for the voice calling out for him, soon making out a figure sitting underneath a tree, grinning at him. jongho then ushered him over, a soft giggle slipping from yeosang's lips as he neared him. crouching down so a branch wouldn't miserably whack his head, he discarded his backpack onto the damp grass and placed himself besides jongho.

"hi," yeosang simply started, a smile on his face at the mere presence of the younger. it quickly was replaced by an expression of amusement, however, the boy trying to suppress his laughter.

but yeosang's attempts were too obvious not to notice. "what's so funny?" jongho questioned, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

all he received was a shake of the head, though. "nothing, it's just—" yeosang couldn't hold in his laughter any longer, the pure sound breaking out into the atmosphere. "you had food tech before this, didn't you?"

"i did... but why? and how do you know that?"

"because you're a clumsy asshole," yeosang answered, before leaning forward and placing a hand on the side of jongho's neck.

heart hammering against his chest for a reason that was unknown to him, yeosang used his other hand to rub off the remains of, what looked like, flour on the latter's cheek. he instantly returned to his prior position, the close proximity of their faces making him strangely self-conscious about himself.

"uh, sang?" jongho inquired, the same confusion from moments ago laced within his voice. "what did you- what was that for?"

yeosang felt his face heat up. "you, er, had a bit of flour th-there so, uhm... yeah."

"oh!" jongho stretched out his letters cutely, realisation finally hitting him. his hand then found its home on yeosang's knee, before patting it a few times. "thanks, then. i guess i can be a clumsy asshole, after all."

"mhm." yeosang's eyes were focused on the ground, finding the ugly, grey concrete interesting as he tried to relax his giddy heart. "uh, i-i have a question for you, actually," he voiced, to not only change the focus of the conversation, but to also fulfil his curiosity.

"and what's that?"

"what do you know about choi san? you know, pear hair boy?"

jongho weaved a hand through his hair, shrugging his shoulders. "not much. erm, he's really quiet and tends to stick by himself in school, from what i've seen," he started, receiving a hum from yeosang. "but outside of school is a different story... there's a bunch of rumours that he associates with drug dealers and stuff. he's been seen with guys way older than him, who don't have the best of reputations... they have, like, criminal records and—"

"criminal records?" yeosang bursted out, interrupting jongho. "what the hell, that's- fuck, and wooyoung was friends with him, too..."

jongho's thumb drew circles on the older's knee, speaking comfortingly, "hey, these are all just rumours, remember?"

"well, yeah, but- i don't know, this just... doesn't seem right." of fucking course, not. your best friend has been kidnapped, how can any of this be right? and suddenly, as if his thoughts were out to ruin his life, the clip of wooyoung being run over started to play in yeosang's head, over and over, with no plan to stop.