41

(CRAP I MADE A MISTAKE, this whole time I've been writing that Maki lost her arm when it was her hand. Sorry for the confusion but since i feel like everyone's used to it ill leave it like that. So... I guess Maki doesnt have an arm now :D Thanks to the person who pointed that out!)

 When Tsunade suddenly called Maki into her office, she was concerned. Was Tsunade mad at her again? It wasn't that at all. While the rest of her teammates went to investigate something Sasori had told them, she was to track another person who seemed to cause trouble in Kumogakure.

"I figured since you lived in Kumo for so long and have the best relationship with them, it would be smartest to send you along with another individual of your pick. Unfortunately, Kakashi, Yamato and the rest of team 7 are unavailable." Maki slumped at that.

"Who is available?"

"Well," Tsunade glanced down at a few papers that Maki guessed showed the people available. The fifth hokages brows rose in slight surprise when she noticed no one Maki knew was on the paper. When she looked back up, the princess already knew Maki was aware.

"No one that you're acquainted with."

Maki hummed and crossed her arms, her leg bouncing up and down like usual, Tsunade noticed.

"I don't mind going by myself, assuming this is to capture the same person that is responsible for me being one armed, yo?" Maki smiled, seemingly Un-affected by her own words. It really didn't bother her, she looked really cool with one arm anyways.

"Are you sure?"

"Well, actually. I may or may not have a few friends in mind that could help me." A certain white haired boy popped into her mind and she smiled happily.

"Alright," Of course she would have somebody else to help from the cloud, why hadn't Tsunade thought of that? She internally face palmed. Just to double check, she looked back down at the paper and wondered if she was just going blind these days. She'd have to check with Shizune.

"Actually, it seems team 10 is free." Maki smiled in relief, knowing that soon, Hidan and Kakazu would most likely try and kill team 10... Doing this would mean they didn't get the chance to.

"Unfortunately, Asuma is not with them this time."

"Oh?" She tried to hide the shake in her voice. But then Tsunade just pulled out a bottle of sake which made her tense but she had enough years of practice that she wouldn't shake in front of people unless for example, she was surrounded by alcohol. 

Tsunade took a quick swig of alcohol before slamming the bottle on the desk. How the woman managed to finish it all, Maki could only wonder.

"He's dealing with some kid from the nearby temples. Has daddy issues or something."

Maki sweatdropped at that. Was the hokage talking about Sora?