Chapter 6

Oliver's POV

I was still damn sleepy and tired but everytime I inhaled, I could feel something that's tickling my nostrils.

Damn! I still need more sleep! My head is pounding with migraine and it feels like something is on top of me.

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I noticed was someone's hair was all over my face. I was going to move the hair away from my face when I realized that I was lying on my stomach with my head facing left. And whoever is on top of me, she has her head in front of my face and her upper body was lying mostly on my left side including my left arm.

I was going to flip my body back when I started to recollect what had happened last night. Then I remembered that I married Macy Snider and the person that is probably lying on top of me is her.

I already had a plan. But I was too tired and too hangover to move.

Macy's POV

Argh! My head hurts. My body hurts. And why am I lying on a hard surface?! I could feel something moving where I was lying. I groaned and tried to rollover when I nearly fell off the bed.

Waaaaaa! I screamed. I screamed becausr of  2 reasons. Number 1 - I really thought that I was going to fall on the floor. Number 2 - because I felt someone's arm holding on to me so I wouldn't end up on the floor.

My heart was pounding so fast that I started to hyperventilate.

"You're okay. I got you." I heard a man's voice.

I opened my eyes and hurriedly stood up. I was going to use my jui jitsu moves. I studied jui jitsu way back during my pre-med years because my dad encouraged me to learned self defense in case the need arises just like right now. But when I stood up, I was wobbly and I was too weak to stand up even for a few seconds.

"Easy there, sweetheart." The man held on to my shoulder and help me sit on the side of the bed.

"Who the heck are you and why am I here? Where' s Grace?!" I demanded.

"I am Oliver. And I am your husband." The man answered.

I checked myself and I was still wearing my clothes. The man in front of me was also still wearing his shirt and his pants. So I was positive that nothing happened between us and I was not raped.

"Husband? I'll be damned! How can I be married when I don't even have a boyfriend?" I mocked.

The man got impatient, he didn't say anything and he handed me his mobile phone.

When I looked at the phone, I could see myself drunk and begging for him to marry me. There were so many people who witnessed the incident, we ended up trending on twitter.

F*ck! I'm going to be in a lot of trouble. My dad is going to kill me!

The thing with scandalous incidents when you are a member of the rich and famous is that it affects everything and everyone you love and care about. And it also comes with great consequences as it could also affect businesses and their values in the economy. At this point, my marriage to this stranger could end up with our business losing contracts. As business people would think that my dad is an irresponsible person as he could not raise his daughter properly. This is one of the many reasons why I chose to be Macy Sans not Macy Snider.

But it's too late now. My drunk face is already in every tabloids and every social media platforms.

Bloody hell! Why did I ever agreed to come to Vegas?!

"Alright! Let's file for divorce. This should be easy. I will pay for everything." I told the man in front of me.

Oliver looked at me with an annoyed face, "That would be hard. You see, I am Oliver Crowne. I have a business that would take a beating if I divorced you straight away. What would my board of directors say?" Oliver answered.

Bad luck! I married the strong and mighty Oliver Crowne?! Then I panicked. I need to find my phone. Where is my phone? I started pulling the sheets and crawling under the bed.

Oliver's POV

I could tell by just looking at Macy that at any moment, she is going to have a panic attack.

My head was still aching so I could not, for the life of me, let her continue pulling the sheets and crawling under the bed. I am feeling more annoyed looking at this entitled brat of a woman.

"Stop!" I told Macy in a calm but commanding way while I pulled her up from the floor and put my arms around her shoulder while she was facing away from me.

"What are you doing? Tell me something I can do." I told her.

"I need my phone! I need to talk to someone or anyone." She answered with her voice still with some hint of panic.

"If you calm down, I will give you your hand bag." I walked to the bedside table and I picked up her handbag and gave it to her.

Macy's POV

I was still in shock and don't know what to do. I didn't want Oliver to see me cry. How am I going to fix this? How am I going to face my family? How am going to face the people at work?

I checked my phone and I saw so many missed calls, voicemails and text messages. Then my phone started ringing.

Here we go, come with me
There's a world out there that we should see
Take my hand, close your eyes
With you right here, I'm a rocketeer

It was dad. I felt my world stop for a few seconds. Then I chose to answer the call.

Macy: dad...

Reagan: I want you to go home right this intant!

The call ended.

1 message received:

Hi couz! Your dad said that the jet is at the airport waiting for us.

My heart started pounding like it was going to come out of my chest. I have never felt my dad being this much angry. I might end up not being able to go back to work at this point.

I picked up shoes and went out of Oliver's room. I heard him call me but I never bothered looking back.

Oliver's POV

Macy answered a phone call. I could see the panic on her eyes. I could not make out what they were talking about but she looked like her world was crumbling in front of her.

It happened so quickly. She picked up her shoes and runaway. I called her name twice but she never looked back.

I was now alone in the hotel room still thinking about the events that had happened. I called John my secretary.

John: hello sir and congratulations

Oliver: can you do something for me?

John: of course sir.

Oliver: can you check if my marriage is registered.

John: no problem sir.

Oliver: that's all John. See you in a couple of hours.

I was going to get back into bed but all I could think of is Macy. I decided to pack my bags and go home.

There were paparazis and reporters outside the hotel. Thankfully, I've managed to dodge them by wearing my sweatpants paired with a hoody.

I arrived just around after lunch and of course reporters were present outside my building. I need to make sure that our marriage was registered before I do a press conference.

When I arrived at my office, John handed me the paper works I requested. I checked the documents inside of the envelop. The odds must really be on my favour! Everything was working according to my plan.