Chapter 42

Oliver's POV

I could feel that Macy was not really asleep.

"Baby, let's go for a bushwalk?!" I tried to sound excited.

I want to take her to the place where we agreed to try and work things out. The place where she accepted the ring I gave her.

I could hear her sigh. I know she is thinking.

"Alright. Get up and get dressed." She coldly answered.

So without any other word, I got up and tried to quickly change my clothes. I didn't even care what I was wearing. I just pulled whatever was in my wardrobe. After I finished getting dressed, Macy was already gone.

I went out of the room and she wasn't there either so I went to the garage. Then I saw her at the driver's seat of her white wrangler.

I couldn't guess what was in her mind because she was expressionless. I got in the passenger's set and quickly put on my seatbelt on.

There was only silence and tension inside the car. She pressed a button so the garage door would open. The door started to make a whirring sound and slowly opened. I could say that Macy was getting impatient by the way she was tapping her finger at the steering wheel.

At this point, she still didn't look at my direction.

The drive from the house was okay until we reached the exit to the freeway. She pressed the gas so hard it felt like we were in a drag race. I glanced at the speedometer and we were at 120km/hr.

"Jesus! baby slow down please. I don't want another hospital trip." I told her while I was hanging on for my dear life.

She sighed then slowed the car but only a tad bit...

Finally, I felt relief when I saw the sign. It means we are about to reach the entrance of the walking trail.

"I'll buy coffee if you want?" I asked. I know she loved the coffee I bought her last time.

Macy then parked the car and got out. I saw her walking away from the car and walking towards the cafe.

I tried to devise a plan while waiting for her but I could not come up with anything! Damn it!

I decided to just wing it.

Macy came back with 2 cups of coffee on a tray. She handed me the coffee tray and she climbed back in the passenger's seat and started the car again. After a few minutes, we arrived at the walking trail entrance.

I opened the door and got out of the car with the coffee tray in my hand.  I waited for her while she got out of the car then locked it.

"Here's your coffee." I told her and handing her the coffee tray so she could pick up which one was hers.

"This is it Oliver. There's no more next time." She calmly said and started walking. I suddenly felt like it was going to be the end of us.

But I won't give up without a fight.

Macy's POV

I couldn't handle any more push and pull with Oliver. Either he is in or out. I can't keep doing this especially that the kids is getting affected as well.

So when he asked me to go for a bushwalk, I instantly agreed.

When we arrived at the walking trail I  told him that this will be it. I am not giving him anymore time or excuse.

"Do you remember when we got married in Vegas?" Oliver asked.

"I was drunk. How was I suppose to remember?" I answered.

"I have to be honest, you were so cute when you begged me to marry you. You even had to call the paparazis so I wouldn't refused." Oliver smiled and continued.

"Did I?? Really?!" I was imbarrassed.

"I already knew you were Reagan's daughter then. That was my main reason to marry you." He continued.

"Remember when we came here first? I wasn't sure why I did that but I had a feeling in my gut that I need you."

We were walking slowly and I just kept listening.

"That file you saw in my apartment was a part of my plan. It was there because I was going to tell you but I was a coward. I kept telling myself that it is not the right time."

Oliver continued talking while we walked.

"Remember that night when I realized that I was your first? That changed my whole life. But you runaway."

He sighed.

"I looked for you but I knew you never wanted to be found... I kept holding on to the fact that you didn't file for a divorce that you would eventually come back."

I sighed then Oliver continued.

"Because that's how you are. You let me in and take a peek then you quickly close the door."

We reached the blues lookout then we stopped.

"I was broken until you came back. I was even hopeful because you came back with my children. But you didn't really came back to me. Instead, you showed me that you have moved on."

Oliver then grabbed my hand and turned me to face him.

"I love you more than anything that I would rather be in a coma just to be with you."

"I filed for divorce because I thought that would make you happy... I know that I don't deserve you but am I not allowed to choose who I deserve?"

I started crying. I realized that we have been chasing each other to no end until today.

"I love you... so much... that I wanted to go back to the time of the accident. I want to be lying in the middle of that road bleeding just to hear you tell me that you love me."

Oliver hugged me.

"I am broken and a work in progress. I will mess up every time but I want you to know that I will do everything to prove you that I love you. Will you please take me back???"

Oliver begged.

I moved my hands to cradle his face and I kissed him with longing and so much love.

"I love you, baby... that's enough flattery for today!" I told him. I heard him chuckled.

I hugged him and I felt complete.