Chapter 22

Macy's POV

My first trimester was terrible. I frequent the hospital because I had hyperemesis gravidarum. Which means I have severe nausea that every time I eat I throw up. So I was always dehydrated and I needed to be given a IV drips. Loise and Adrian alternately stayed with me. Making sure I am drinking and eating enough. 

My mother instinct has kicked in and I am now more motivated to keep going. I will be giving birth to these babies. And I will make sure that they will grow nurtured and loved.

Since I am having twins, my stomach is bigger than with someone who is hsving a single pregnancy. At work, Adrian announced that I am pregnant because I couldn't hide my stomach any longer. I was already getting bigger. But because I was the daughter of the owner of the company, no one made a fuss. Every one greeted me and congratulated me.

My parents were also constantly calling me to ask if I was okay. Even mom offered if I wanted her here to look after me. I refused. I got Loise and Adrian and they're enough.

Oliver's POV

It's been more than 3 months since Macy has disappeared. I haven't stopped thinking about her. But I have stopped looking for her. I have accepted the fact that she didn't want to be found. So, I am respecting that. I am holding on to the fact that she has not tried to file a divorce. That one day she will come back to me.

I am leaving for overseas tonight to attend some emegency company matters. My dad will be taking over the company while I'm gone.

I have busied myself with work since Macy left. I needed all the divertion all the time or else I will go crazy thinking about her. I miss her so much I'm dying inside.

I am about to go to the airport. I quickly texted my sister so she will pick me up. She lives overseas so I'm going to crash at her place and check what she is up to as well.

Me: hi sis! I will arrive at 9am tomorrow. Pls make sure that you pick me up. Love u!

Sis: don't worry I will be there. Love u too!

John drove me to the airport. I'm flying commercial this time as my jet is being serviced and my overseas trip is unfortunately unplanned so I couldn't get the jet back on time.

I mostly listened to podcasts during my flight because I, for the love of god, couldn't sleep. So I am very jetlagged. I can't wait lay down in a proper bed.

My sister was a bit late. She told me that she was helping her pregnant friend. I told her how bad it is to havr a pregnant friend at her age.

Anyways, she drove me to her house then left because she was picking up her pregnant friend from her doctor's appointment. I got really annoyed and told Loise that it should be her friend's husband or boyfriend or whatever's job to pick her up. She just told me that it's complicated.

I haven't seen her for ages and all she wants was to spend so much time with that bloody pregnant friend. I flew halfway round the world just to get treated like this by my younger sister. How annoying!

Macy's POV

I was waiting for Loise to come pick me up after my gender ultrasound appointment.

I am having a boy and a girl. I wanted to surprise Adrian and Loise!

Loise was late because she had to pick up someone at the airport which was totally fine.

I am now on my second trimester. My nausea has so far has calmed down a bit. Thank god that I can tolerate some foods now. It was really hard going to the hospital before getting IV drips. And I had lost weight.

"Babies, you be nice to mommy now okay???" I have started talking to my tummy. The Obgyne said that my babies could probably hear me now that they have developed their ears.

They looked big in the ultrasound monitor though. I can't wait to hold them and kiss them. And because there's two of them sharing my tummy, I could already feel them kicking.

It felt like flutters at first then week by week they became stronger and I just woke up one morning getting kicked in the ribs. It was painful!

I called dad after my gender ultrasound.

Me: dad, I'm having a boy and a girl!

Dad: that's good news! It would be good if you came home and gave birth here.

Me: you and mom can always come whenever you want dad.

Dad: alright. I told Adrian  not to give you  lot of work.

Me: im fine dad and thank you! Adrian has been looking after me well.

The call ended.

I saw Loise car pulled over then I walked towards her.

"How is it going momma?" Loise playfully asked.

"I already know what I'm having!!!" I excitedly exclaimed.

"Well come on then, pray tell!" Lois excitedly asked.

"I can't really tell  you  yet. Adrian messaged me that he will throw a fit if I told you first."

"Bloody Adrian!"

Then we drove away. I told Lois that I was tired so I won't be going back the office as previously planned. Loise didn't stay long as well as she had to go back to her visitor.

So, I stayed home and started doing online shopping to buy stuff for my babies. I also researched about hospital bags and what I need when I finally deliver both of my babies.

Loise and Adrian hosted my baby shower and gender announcement party attended by my friends in the office.

I was getting nervous and excited. My Obgyne said I might deliver earlier than my due date since I have twins.

So, I really need to start getting baby stuff.

My apartment is 2 bedroom so I will be converting the second room as my nursery. I called dad and he helped me find someone to redesign the room.

Loise and Adrian helped me put up my cots and assembled my pram. Well, I was mainly sitting on the couch watching the two of them do it. The nursery was starting to look like a nursery. I kept the white paint on the wall because I didn't want my babies to think that I have a favourite if I put gender colours in it. Even my baby clothes were all neutral. I didn't want to enforce colours. They can choose what colours they want when the grow up.

On my third trimester, it was really getting harder. I ached everywhere. I could hardly move around. It helps that Loise and Adrian were there but it would have been nicer if I had someone 24/7.

During my last appointment, my Obgyne gas told me that she might take the babies out earlier than my due date. She just wanted to make sure that all their organs has developed before she decides. As a doctor myself, I would advise the same as the body is only designed to house 1 baby and I myself was already very uncomfortable.

My most awaited day came. I was scheduled for my C section. Everything was ready. My nursery was ready for my two bundle of joy to arrive. I upgraded my jeep to a white 5 seater so I could fit two carseats at the back. Loise said why was I obsessed with boxed cars when I could easily get a mercedez or a lexus, a far better car than my wrangler. But since I got used to my jeep, I didn't want any other car. It's very handy and it can climb hills and mountains.

My babies were born in August. When I heard their first cry, my tears filled me eyes. And my heart was full.

My son came out first, I named him Sebastine Rae "Basti" Snider. Then 2 minutes after, my baby girl followed. I named her Olivia Hope "Vivi" Snider. Both of them had blue eyes and thick hair.

They were both healthy but since they were born a few weeks before their due date. They had to be admitted in the hospital and incubated until the pedia was happy for them to get discharged.

My parents came a few days after. The first 3 months was all sleepless nights and bliss. Basti was really good while Vivi kept me awake.

My life is complete.