Chapter 35

Oliver's POV

I am getting tired after the couple of hours that I have been awake trying to figure out what had happened to me. I touched the bandage on my head to feel what the doctor was talking about when he told me earlier that they had to put a hole in my head to prevent my brain from being damaged and that they had fixed the same hole after the pressure in my head had normalized.

Thinking about it made me feel dizzy and exhausted.

At the moment, Loise is playing on her phone looking bored.

"Can you tell my wife to come back?" Loise was confused when I asked her.

"I thought you couldn't remember her?" She cautiously replied.

"I'm trying to remember and I need to ask her what happened." I answered.

"Firstly, her name is not "your wife', it's Macy. And secondly, she is probably driving right now so I will just send her a text."

Then Loise went back to playing with her phone.

MACY. So, that's her name...

I have to remember that name.

I then decided to close my eyes again and try to recall whatever I could remember.

I heard footsteps walking to the door. When I opened my eyes I saw Loise leaving. I was going to ask where she was going but I changed my mind. I don't want another word war with her. I decided to get back to what I was doing.

I was really getting into concentrating when I heard another foot steps. Bloody hell! Why can't I get a few minutes of peace?!

I opened my eyes and saw that it was that woman that came earlier. I panicked. I didn't know what to do so I closed my eyes and pretended that I was asleep.

I felt her near me. I could feel my heart racing. Then suddenly I felt her breath on my face. It smelled like she just brushed her teeth. She kissed me! On the forehead at least.

I was going to open my eyes but I didn't.

"I love you." She whispered. I don't know if she was hoping for me to hear it or if she was hoping for me to answer her back.

I felt her sat on the chair just directly next to my bed. She then preceeded to fix my blanket. She probably got tired looking at me "sleeping". She then leant on the bed with her head touching my thigh. I heard her sigh at first until eventually her breathing started to relax.

Is she asleep? I can't really see her. The head of the bed was positioned less than 45 degrees so I couldn't really check and look unless I try and sit up. But I don't have the strength and I'm still sore all over.

Then suddenly, I had the urge to pee...

Sh*t!

Sh*t!

Sh*t!

Why f*cking now?!

I told myself I would just hold it. I should be alright. Why the f*ck did I munched so much ice chips earlier? Why?!

I tried wriggling my toes. It felt alright. I should be alright to get up. But everytime I try to get up it's too painful. Sh*t!

Think Oliver! Think!

But I'm really bursting...

"Macy..."

No response.

"Macy..."

I heard a hmmm.... but she went straight back to sleep. I was going to try and call her wifey and see if she would wake up. But that would be awkward...

Then I noticed that there were buttons on the side of the bed. It was pretty straight foward. I pressed the one that has a photo of the bed sitting up. It was too painful but I managed to do it.

I was sitting up but this woman still didn't budge. I stared at her. I could see dark circles under her eyes. But she looked very peaceful while asleep. I wasn't really keen on waking her up. I stared at her face trying to remember her. Then, I was reminded of my full bladder.

Sh*t! I really need to pee. Divertion is not really working...

I touched her face...

"Baby..."

I don't know but I just suddenly blurted it involuntarily. But it came out of my mouth like I was used to calling her that. It sounded good. It made me feel something and it felt right.

"Baby..." I called her again.

She finally opened her eyes looking confused.

"Oliver, are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm sorry for waking you up. But I really need to pee..." I embarrassingly informed her.

"But you have a catheter in." She answered while yawning and stretching her arms.

"They took it out earlier." I informed her.

"Oh" was all she could say.

I'm really bursting.

"Wait, I'll call a nurse." She was about to press the call bell when I stopped her.

"No. Can't you just help me stand up and walk? The toilet is technically just 3 steps away..."

Yes, the toilet is literally just right there woman!

"No! You know what happens when you stand up after being in bed for a month? You're blood pressure will go really low then you'll feel dizzy and you will end up on the floor. Then they will have to call the doctor and check you. Then the poor nurses will have to check you every 30 minutes after and then they have to do a lot of paperworks just because you fell on the floor. So, no..." She literally said this in full sentences.

Wow! That was a really long explanation. So, do I just wet the bed then??? I almost snapped. But I was the one that desperately needed help so I have to be nice.

"I'm desperate!" I was starting to get annoyed.

"Wait, I'll ask for a urine bottle." She walked out of the room and a few seconds after, she came back with a urinal.

She handed it to me.

"Here... I'll wait outside." She told me.

This woman is impossible and beyond me!

How am I suppose to do it when I can hardly move?! Do I have to remind her that I only have one functioning arm as well? Can't she see my armsling? I broke my clavicle for christ's sake! Is she really my wife?

"I can't really do it by myself..." I was already very frustrated. But I kept my calm.

Then she moved forward towards me and started pulling the blanket.

"Whoa... whoa... whoa... What are you trying to do?!" I shockingly asked. She must be desperate to see my goods. Even if we were married, I still can't remember her! So nope. Certainly not today!

She took a deep breath.

"You said you wanted to pee right? And you can't do it by yourself, right? I'm trying to help you!"

Then I caught her rolling her eyes! What the heck?! No one is allowed to ever roll their eyes on me. No one!

Then finally I've managed to position my thingy on the urinal.

"Don't look!" I quickly told her. I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction!

"Fine!!! It's not like I haven't seen anything anyway! I inserted your catheter! If that makes you feel better!"  Then she looked away.

The relief... ohhh the relief...

I told her I was finished. She took the urinal and went to the toilet to empty it.

I honestly don't know how I ended up marrying this woman. She is impossible and hard to handle!

I can't wait to get discharged!