Chapter 16

Macy's POV

I got awaken by the cold air that was blowing on my body. It was coming from the vent on the ceiling. Oliver's apartment had centralized AC and it automatically turns on when the temparature reaches to a certain level.

I could still smell the chlorine in my hair from the pool. And by the looks of it, the bed was also wet.

I clearly remembered everything that happened earlier.

My heart started to beat so fast.

Lubdub.

Lubdub.

Lubdub.

I turned to check Oliver. He was fast asleep.

Fear has taken over me. How could I let this happen? How could I be so stupid and reckless? A lot of bad ideas was running through my head. One of them was that Oliver was going to leave me since he already got what he wanted. I tried to get rid of those thoughts but they wouldn't leave my head.

I got up slowly.

I needed a shower.

I needed something to make me feel better.

I turned the hot water on and I let it flow on my body. I didn't care how hot the water was. I stayed there lost in sea of my thoughts. I like meditating when I'm overwhelmed or if I'm upset with something. I don't know how long I stayed like that
Then I heard a bang and the door opened. It was Oliver.

"Jesus! Baby your going to get yourself burned!"

I couldn't make out Oliver's face because the smoke from the hot water was so thick in the bathroom and I could hear the fire alarm going off. I quickly turned the water off.

I quickly grabbed the towel and covered myself. Without looking at Oliver I walked towards the wardrobe and changed into something comfortable.

I could hear that Oliver turned the fan on. Then I heard steps coming towards me. I was going to quickly stand up and move away when Oliver grabbed me and hugged me.

"I'm not going to ask but I will wait when you're ready to talk."

He didn't wait for me to respond he'd let me go. He then informed me that if I was hungry, the food was ready on the table.

I was still very confused. I don't know what I wanted. But I won't demand and I won't impose anything on Oliver. I will just let it be. I will just pretend.

Oliver's POV

I woke up to the sound of the fire alarm. I checked Macy but she wasn't their. I jumped out of bed with a lot of bad scenarios playing in my head. I could see smoke coming out from the gaps in the bathroom door. I opened it quickly, I saw Macy under the shower with the hot water tap on. I told her that she has to turn the tap off or she will get burned. Then I walked away so I could turn the fan on and turn the  fire alarm off before the fire brigade gets an alert.

I was going to go back in the bathroom to check Macey but intead I found her in the walk in robe. She was just there staring at the wall. I walk up to her and reassured her that I would listen when she was ready.

Here we go again! I'm honestly getting frustrated. Did I do anything wrong again? Was it something I did or didn't do? I don't f*cking have a clue! I didn't want to go back to playing cat and mouse with her! For once, I just wanted her to tell me straight up and upfront so I could do something. But it wouldn't be wise to confront her right now or else she would step back, runaway and hide from me.

I acted like there was nothing wrong. I ate our dinner food which I've already reheated in the microwave. I was browsing on my phone to divert my attention. Then I heard footsteps walking towards me.