Chapter 39

Macy's POV

Loise decided that it's going to be a pool day today since we can't really go anywhere because Oliver has just came home from the hospital.

After our late breakfast, I got the twins ready for swimming. I helped them put on their swimwear and I got ready myself. I wore my favourite navy blue tommy hilfiger swim triangle fixed bikini top and side tie bikini bottom. I put on a white over sized tshirt on top. I wasn't really planning to swim. I just wanted to enjoy the sun.

We ordered pizza for lunch because no one was keen to cook and Mrs. Cowen is on her days off every weekend. Oliver was also out sitting on a chair enjoying the sun.
While Loise was enjoying in the pool trying to teach the kids how to surf using a body board. I'm thankful that I actually followed her advice about the kids having swimming lessons early. Because of that, they are now confident in the water. And I feel safe knowing that they won't drown. But of course, always with supervision.

I was really getting tired. I didn't want to be the party pooper so I stood up quietly without telling them and went to bed. It won't hurt to have a quick nap. And it's nice to have the bed to myself. So I lay in bed and fell asleep quickly.

Oliver's POV

It was fun to see Vivi and Basti enjoying the pool. It's also amazing to see them swimming well and doing different strokes. They asked me to join them but unfortunately I can't at the moment.

On the corner of my eye, I saw Macy standing up from the chair. She went back inside the house. She was probably just going to the toilet. I told myself. My attention went back to the kids. Until, I noticed that Macy hasn't come back for a while.

I stood up with the help of my walking stick. To be honest, I don't know why I'm still having a hard time getting up when I didn't hurt my legs!

Anyway, I went to check the kitchen. There was no one there. So I went to check our bedroom. I saw her curled up in a fetal position. I walked slowly to check if she was awake. Her mouth was slighy open and she was obviously asleep.

I stared at her for a long time. She is beautiful and she is mine.

Going back to a few days ago, when John sent me the video footage of the accident, I actually started to remember her. I just didn't want to tell anyone especially her because I was scared that our divorce will be brought up. I'm not ready and I need time.

I was getting really stiff since I still can't tolerate standing up for long time. I decided to sit on the side of the bed with Macy's back facing me. Then, I decided to lie down. There's still a space between us. I just stayed still and listened to her every breath. I missed her!

What could have happened if I didn't get hit on that day? Did Macy agreed to pick me up at the airport because she finally decided to divorce me?

I honestly can't imagine losing her.

I was lost in my own thoughts when I felt Macy moved. She was probably getting cold because she was only wearing her swimwear and a tshirt. She wriggled and moved then she turned around and hugged me. She was still asleep.

It actually hurt because she was hugging the side where I had the sling. But I stayed still. Macy found comfort by putting her face on my neck. Mind you, I probably stink because I haven't had a shower. But who cares?!

Anyways, I stayed still as much as I could and for as long as I can tolerate. But it was really getting painful.

"Baby..." I attempted to wake her up. She's always like this when she's asleep.

"Baby..." I tried again but no response.

So with my good hand I touched her face gently.