Chapter 28

Loise's POV

It was chaos when Oliver and I arrived at the house. The twins were crying and screaming all at the same time. Mrs. Cowen look distressed to. I followed what Oliver instructed me to.

I carried both of them and took them to their bedroom.

"No no..." Basti said while walking towards his toddler bed grabbing his binky.

While Vivi burried her face on my neck bawling.

"Basti, come here babe... can you tell aunty Loise what happened?" I asked.

Basti then walked back towards me.

"Mommy sad... daddy..." Basti answered.

Did Macy just told this poor kids about their dad? What the heck was she thinking???!!!

"Daddy???" I asked again.

Then Vivi raised her face and said "Oyivew."

I am so angry at Oliver! I need to ask him what did he told Macy the last time they talked. I clearly told him to fix it. Not make it worse!

I looked at Vivi and Basti and I felt sorry for them, for going through this. It must be hard to go through something you don't understand.

I tried putting Vivi on her bed but she screamed no. So I ended up lying with them both on the floor.

I loved this kids. Even before I knew that they were my family. Even when they were still inside Macy's tummy.

I have decided that I will be taking them both home in the morning until Macy and Oliver start to act like adults and resolve their issues without hurting the twins in the process.

The 3 of us fell asleep.

Macy's POV

I busied myself at work today. I need all the distraction I could get. I feel hurt and numb. I can't even cry anymore.

I received a phone call earlier today from Oliver's lawyer. Telling me about the divorce. I was gobsmacked.

After almost 2 years, he still wasn't finished hurting me.

I was ready to give him everything. I already gave him everything. I was ready to take a leap with him.

But he'd just betrayed me.

I f*cking named our children after me!!! How could he be so cold and heartless!

Tonight, I am planning to tell the kids about their dad before I would contact Oliver's lawyer.

I honestly don't know how to tell them but I didn't want them to feel disappointed that their daddy didn't want them. And I especially didn't want them to know that their daddy didn't want them from other people. So I have to do it since this is all my fault.

Then I had a light bulb moment...

That's probably it. Oliver doesn't want the kids. Come to think of it, he hasn't reached out and asked about the kids. That's why he quickly wanted a divorce.

I dreaded going home. How I wish I could stay longer and work but my dad and mom are away so even if I wanted to work late, I can't.

I went home at 5PM.

Mrs. Cowen helped the children eat their dinner so I could shower and get changed. Then I bathed them and helped them put on their pajamas.

I read them a book and when I finished reading, that's when I told them.