Prologue

The scene opens up to Goku and company at Capsule Corp on the tail end of another harrowing adventure. This time around, they had come back from a future wrought with destruction at the hands of the insidious doppelganger of Goku known as "Goku Black", as well as his true identity, Zamasu from an alternate timeline. While it was a hard fought battle, Goku and friends emerged victorious in the end. They now recuperate and prepare to see Future Trunks and Future Mai on their way. But before they can, Whis, an angel attendant to this universe's God of Destruction Beerus, issues a word of warning.

Whis: Do enjoy your victory everyone

Whis: Do enjoy your victory everyone. However, I must implore you not to travel throughout time ever again.

Goku(Surprised): Huh?! But what if Trunks gets in danger again? Or if we need to travel to the past to warn ourselves about something that happens in the future?

Beerus: That's none of my concern, nor should it be any of yours. You lot shouldn't have travel in time in the first place, let alone as much as you did. Time travel is a grievous crime plain and simple. If you cannot comprehend that, well, I'll just have to punish you first-hand.

Whis: What Lord Beerus says is correct. But I may fear that it's already too late...

Vegeta(Confused): "Too late"? For what?

Whis: The act of time travels causes distortions in the universe, rupturing it as a result and creating anomalies.

Goku(Confused): Uhhhh...

Whis: *Sighs* Think of this universe as a pond. The act of time travel is synonymous with throwing a rock into that pond, causing ripples. Betwixt these "ripples"  lie alternate versions of this universe, versions that could very well not even have you in it.

Vegeta: *Grins* A universe without Kakarot in it sounds like a paradise to me.

Goku: Hey! Not cool Vegeta. Maybe there's one without you in it. Ever think of that?

Beerus(Annoyed): Would you two stooges shut up!? This is serious! Who knows how what kind of alternate universe 7s are out there at this rate? Or worse, what they could hold...

                                  The Result Of Time Travel!  

                                   The Birth Of Universe 7Σ!          

In the far reaches of space, we come across a familiar scene, the destruction of planet Vegeta and the hands of the galactic tyrant, Frieza. This would be the point where we see a lone saiyan pod, containing Kakarot, later known as Goku, escaping the explosion nigh undetected. But in this Universe 7, things will play out a tad bit different.