Interlude #1: Broly

Space. Some call it the final frontier. Others see it as merely a road to other destinations that would otherwise be out of reach. In the cold vacuum, there lies a multitude of planets, each differing in some way from the next. One such planet is Vampa.

A planet that is not at all hospitable by any stretch of the imagination. There are no sources of water or plant life, the creatures there are large and quite hostile, and the landscape itself is a sickly yellow-green. No sane person would be caught dead living on this planet if they could help it. These conditions made it perfect for Cooler, Monarch of the Galaxy, to begin training his body. It had taken a few months to reach this planet, ever since meeting up with his son, Yerlec again. Hopefully he's training hard, as to will he once the opportunity arises. As his ship approached the planet...

Salza: Lord Cooler, there's something you need to know!

Cooler: Speak.

Salza: There seems to be a weak distress signal coming from the planet!

Cooler(Curious): Is that so? On such a dreadful planet? No matter, proceed as planned. May as well see who's there.

Cooler's ship enters the planet's atmosphere and head towards the distress signal. Once they reach it, they find that the source was a small Frieza Force ship. Landing a small distance from it, Cooler and his Elite Squadron exit the ship and explore.

Dore: Geez, this place looks even worse on the ground.

Salza: Well lucky for us, we're not here to take in the sights.

Cooler: Indeed. You three, investigate the other ship and report your findings.

Salza: Right away.

Salza, Dore and Neiz search the ship as ordered and don't find much. 

Dore: Wasn't much aboard captain. Not even a single living person.

Neiz: Although, our scouters did pick up on two above average power levels a fair distance from here though. Might be worth checking out.

Cooler: Maybe. Let's move out.

Heading further into the wasteland, they happen across a small cave. Inside said cave was an elderly saiyan who looked like he's seen better days.