Episode 5

Last time on DragonBall Variant! The saiyan scourge that had arrived on Earth in search of the Dragon Balls was defeated, but not without consequences. Chiaotzu, Tien and even Piccolo had fallen in the endeavor. With the latter gone, as too was Kami, and the Dragon Balls were deactivated. However, a glimmer of hope was to be had as Kami's home planet could foster a set available for use. Preparations are already underway, with Bulma, her father, 21 and Yerlec working on repairing Kami's ship, as well as gathering supplies for the long trek ahead.

                                                    A Voyage Across The Stars!

                                                   Trouble Brewing On Namek!

We find ourselves outside of Yerlec's home, as he preps himself for the road ahead. As he does, he relays the news to Raditz and Nappa, who have been making strides in their training and even gotten themselves some new gear. When he relays the news however, they don't take it too well.

Raditz(Shock): WHAAAATTT!? What do you mean we can't come!? 

Yerlec: I mean, I want you two to remain here on Earth.

Nappa(Confused): Why!? You've been training us for moments like this haven't you!?

Yerlec: Indeed I have, and you two have made excellent progress. However, I need you two to stay behind for an important reason.

Raditz: That reason being...?

Yerlec: 21, Krillin, Gohan, and myself are heading off planet. Goku is out of commission for the time being. That leaves Earth without some of its heavy hitters. While I have faith in Yamcha's and Roshi's abilities, I would like them to have as much back up as they can should something go awry in our absence.