Interlude #4 Pt 1: Aftermath of The Cell Games

It's been 5 years since the climax of the dreaded Cell Games, and numerous things have taken place during that time. One of the most stand out events was Vegessa giving birth to Vegeta V. A surprise to be sure, especially in the eyes of the Z-Team. Nowadays, he's just like his mother, in all his pride, albeit toned down thanks to his parent's guidance. Alongside him, present day Trunks, Vocado and Vendei have grown up a bit as well. They were a rowdy bunch, but a happy family all the same. Never a dull day in Capsule Corp. Speaking of which, deep in the lab, Yerlec, Bulma and Vomi stood in front of the present day Cell's pod. Numerous improvements were made in the given time frame, as well as an acceleration supplement to speed growth along. After a few more minutes of waiting, it happened. A beep rang out, and the pod opened up, the experimental liquids spilling onto the floor and into a nearby drain. While now on the side of the Z-Team, Cell took form once more.

Yerlec: There he is...

Bulma(Unnerved): Geez, I know he's on our side, but I still get shivers looking at him.

Vomi(Unnerved): I know what you mean...

Yerlec: Now then ... until we come up with a proper name for you, you will be known as Android 23. Understand?

23: I understand perfectly, Captain.

Yerlec: *Nods* Excellent. Now for step 2.

Bulma(Confused): Step 2? What are you talking about?

Yerlec: Simple. You must remember that this is his Imperfect Form. For him to reach his true potential, his Perfect Form is required. Thanks to tweaks made to his design, he no longer needs Androids 17 and 18 to achieve it. Rather an large abundance of bio-mass. That's where I come in. *Goes Super Saiyan 2*

Vomi: You're going to give him your energy?

Yerlec: Indeed. Just like his counterpart, the more energy he absorbs, the stronger he becomes. Since he's not going to roam around drinking people, I figured this would be the next best thing. I'll lead him outside, lest the equipment suffer the backlash.

Once outside in an open space, Yerlec powers up and summons a ball of Ki about the size of a Basketball, crackling with energy. He lets it float towards 23 as the latter absorbs it into his chest. The results were immediate. He threw his head back and let out a mighty yell, as his power sky-rocketed! A barrier of energy surrounded him, kicking up dust and debris all the while. Soon enough, the theatrics died down, and there he stood. Android 23 in his perfect form.